Chapter 690: Mission Failure

"Who are you?" Shen Ying took a bite of her fruit and asked.

"Exalted Goddess, I'm Little Three[1, Slang for "mistress" in Mandarin[!" The Skyfiend raised his head and pointed at his own face. "I'm the Little Three in Exalted King Little Black's house, remember?"

"..." What Little Three? Did Yu Hong know about this?

The skyfiend quickly added, "The third of the skyfiends – I'm Little Three. Exalted Goddess, you're the one who gave me that name, remember?"

Lonemoon: "..."

Shen Ying: "..."

You should have told us earlier that you're one of the ten skyfiends!

Lonemoon turned to glare at a certain someone. It's all your fault for coming up with random nicknames for people!

"Supremacy?" Shu Yi was beginning to feel a little uneasy. She turned to the skyfiend in a panic and asked meekly, "Didn't you... Didn't you promise to destroy Gui Yi Sect for me?"

"Don't spout nonsense!" The skyfiend straightened up on his knees. Was she courting death? How dare she say things like that in front of the Exalted Goddess? "What sect? Who was going to destroy the entire sect? Don't get me into trouble. I'm a good demon. I have been at the Exalted Goddess' beck and call ever since the lower and upper realm merged. I've always been harmonious, friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. I've never done a single bad thing. Yesterday, I even went to the Invincible Heavenly Palace to help King Wu give out immortal pills to the various continents. Each month, I would even add to the merits of the sect. I'm not slacking at all!"

"But..." Shu Yi began to look a little confused. She said, "I'm the one who restored the skyfiend's seal!"

"So what if you did? Who told you to do that anyway?" The skyfiend refused to admit that he was the one who left the instructions. Instead, he quickly clarified his position. "We didn't give you the immortal stone. You created it of your own accord just because you had nothing better to do!" I'm not that familiar with you anyway! Stop trying to act like you were in cahoots with me all this time!

"You..." Shu Yi continued to stare blankly at the skyfiend. Was this really a skyfiend?

Little Three kowtowed toward Shen Ying once again. He emphasised each word as he said, "Exalted Goddess... Exalted Goddess, please believe me! Although I look black, I'm innocent!" After pondering for a moment, he added, "It's all the other skyfiends' faults. When the demonic gate opened, we played rock paper scissors. They cheated at the game, and I ended up losing. I had no choice but to come down here. I really did not want to!"

The more he explained himself, the louder his voice became. He sounded indignant. Tears began to fill his eyes. "Exalted Goddess, it really has nothing to do with me. When the immortal realm and demonic realm joined together earlier, I checked the entire place for remnants of demonic gates. I thought I had kept them all. This skyfiend seal had been broken. it could not summon any demonic gates at the time, and people from the lower realm should not know how to fix it. It's Demonic King Little Black who said that we didn't have to bother about this seal anymore. That was why we did not take it back from the lower realm. Now... Exalted Goddess, it's all Demon King Little Black's fault! He made me do this!"

Shen Ying: "..."

Lonemoon: "..."

Everyone: "..."

Was this skyfiend really so scared that he was betraying his own supervisor?

(⊙_⊙)

An electronic voice sounded in Shu Yi's ear. It sounded like a judge.