Chapter 649: Two Bucks Realizes

"I don't think so!" Yi Qing shook his head and frowned at the other party. "At least, the other invaders would not have allowed her to die!"

"Mm?" Lonemoon paused. The last bolt of lightning struck the woman on the ground. It was obvious that Shu Yi had no more energy left to fend for herself. Just before the bolt of lightning hit her, a strange layer of green light lip up all around her, blocking off the impact from the lightning bolt.

[Host, are you alright?]

A familiar voice said once again.

Lonemoon: "..."

"I'm alright. Thank you, 001!" Shu Yi responded. "I didn't expect the so-called lightning tribulation in this world to be that formidable.

[The lightning tribulation is the clearest manifestation of the Heavenly Dao in this plane. It is of course going to be formidable! But... I'm only temporarily able to hold off the lightning for you by bluffing the Heavenly Dao. After this, the lightning will probably still strike you.]

Shu Yi's expression darkened. A moment later, she nodded. "I know! I'll find an excuse to dodge the next bolt of lightning."

[All the best, Host! Congratulations on your Core Formation. Quick, use the surrounding spirit Qi to heal your wounds.]

"Mm!" Shu Yi climbed up from the ground and sat upright once more.

The three of them: "..."

So that was it. This 001 system was controlling the time dimension in order to delay the next lightning bolt for as long as possible. The Heavenly Dao had no control over time because to it, whether the plane went back in time, paused, or sped up, time was not running properly. Thus, it would just do its best to forcefully make time go back to normal. Invaders, on the other hand, did not belong to this plane. Therefore, they did not fall under the purview of the Heavenly Dao. As long as they did not cause too big of a change, the Heavenly Dao would not be able to detect them.

Lonemoon cast his gaze downward. It looked like this system had easily taken over the time dimension under the Heavenly Dao. He guessed that this was not the first or even the second time that this system was doing this.

Shu Yi had only just sat down when the surrounding spirit Qi seemed to gather toward her, healing her wounds. The lightning clouds in the sky dissipated and the entire place lit up once again. Faintly, they could see some colors in the sky, which seemed to be getting brighter and brighter. It was almost as if they were forming an image up there.

"Quick, look up!" A disciple shouted. "Could that be an image?!"

A moment later, everyone – including a few Nascent Soul cultivators – looked up at the sky excitedly.

Only Shen Ying, Lonemoon and Yi Qing remained solemn.

Yi Qing, especially, was glaring at the sky. "What are you doing!"

All the colors in the sky suddenly began to scatter apart with the help of the nomological force. Faintly, they heard a small voice was saying pitifully, ""You... You don't want it, Leader?"

Chef's voice lowered. "Do what you have to do. Why are you causing trouble?"

"Wah... Wah... Wah.... Alright, Boss. No problem, Boss." The Heavenly Dao had noticed that Yi Qing had been particularly concerned with this woman's heavenly tribulation. In order to suck up to him, the Heavenly Dao thought that it would be good to form an image. Little did he know that was the opposite of what Yi Qing wanted.

The next moment, the colors turned dark, coloring the sky a dark grey. Rain began to descend, causing Shu Yi to be drenched right through. There was a strange sour stench.