Chapter 612: Cause of Darkness

If it wasn't external, was it locally produced?

"What do you mean?"

Shen Ying took a bite of a fruit and turned to look at them. "You two have never examined the Spirit Qi of this world?"

"Spirit Qi?" Lonemoon paused, subconsciously releasing his divine perception. "What has this got to do with Spirit Qi..."

Wait a moment!

He stopped midway in his speech again, because not only did he sensed Spirit Qi, he also realized that the surrounding Spirit Qi wasn't weak, not inferior compared to those worlds that with abundant Spirit Qi in their plane. But they were in a sea of darkness. In theory Spirit Qi was the purest, it cannot be mixed with other auras, not to mention Yin Qi, demonic aura, the dark auras, they repel each other. Even when they were in Void Land, while all sorts of energies were mixed together, Spirit Qi also repelled them, so it wasn't rich.

However, it was different here. Though they were in this darkness, the surrounding Spirit Qi was very gentle and stable, there wasn't any repulsion, as if even the Spirit Qi was completely unfeeling towards this darkness, like it was naturally part of it.

"How could this be?" What exactly was this darkness?

"Why don't you take a closer look." Shen Ying added again.

Both of their exchanged a glance, looking solemn, they closed their eyes and let out their divine perception. Lonemoon started surveying the surrounding Spirit Qi whereas Yi Qing went into the meridians of the cultivators outside and started his examination. No matter whether it was the surrounding Spirit Qi or that had been led into the cultivators' bodies, there wasn't the five elements Spirit Qi that they were familiar with, but strands of a black, special aura.

Lonemoon opened his eyes abruptly. "Damn! What was that?"

Yi Qing also reached out and activated a shred of the spirit qi in his body as verification. A small white light appeared in his hand at once, completely different from the darkness around, but in seconds, it was swallowed by the darkness, the light that had been dyed black disappear but the aura remained totally the same.

"Could it be that the aura here isn't Spirit Qi?!" Lonemoon was shocked.

"It is Spirit Qi." Shen Ying suddenly refuted, using her fruit to point next door. "Aren't their cultivation all very normal?"

"But this color..."

"Well, every plane has its disparities."

But this was way too big a disparity?

Hold on! After going on for so long, she still hasn't come to point on what the darkness was?

"Master." Yi Qing seemed to have caught something and asked in a low voice, "If the Spirit Qi of this plane was like this in the first place, then why is it that the Spirit Qi we saw when we were outside this darkness previously was different?" When they'd first arrived at the border of light and darkness, the Spirit Qi there was normal.

"Yeah!" Lonemoon also thought of this question, why was the white area normal then?

"Perhaps it hasn't spread there?" Shen Ying said.

"Spre..." Yi Qing fell into a momentary daze before his eyes widened abruptly. "Master means to say, this darkness might have existed in this plane from the start but someone let it out, that's why it led to such a situation?"

"Mm." Shen Ying nodded.

"How is that possible?" Lonemoon was still confused. "How are you sure that this darkness wasn't brought in by an invader?" If this darkness wasn't the work of an invader, how could it have spread through the entire plane. The plane tree we saw earlier, it was almost turning black entirely.