Author's Note

Dear Reader,

a word of warning: This book contains reasonably strong language, some grisly scenes—and humour. Out of the three, the last is likely the most dangerous XD!

Yes, there is romance. There are sparks flying between our witch, Trueth, and the magically-challenged last servant of Ra, Metjen. Otherwise, this is a paranormal adventure, not a historical novel. While I have taken care to account for a frustrating amount of information as accurately as possible, I also used my imagination. A lot. So don't worry—you are NOT in for a history lesson. You are in for a wild ride instead.

If you happen to be interested in the historical and mythological facts, I have provided an 'Info Chapter' at the end of this book, which will explain at least some of the background.

It is customary at this point to thank everybody who supported the creative process.This definitely includes my husband, who spotted most of the holes in my plot. I am glad we are still married.

My acknowledgement definitely does not include our two feline companions. Have you ever tried to write a novel with a wriggling Persian cat on your lap? Exactly. And just in case you wonder what he was doing there—the howling behind the mosquito screen was worse. So I took my revenge, and both of them are in the book.

Thank you for reading this novel.

This chapter is dedicated to fellow author LaraBlunte who is among the many friends I found in the virtual world. Thank you! 

Copyright note: All copyrights of the texts are mine exclusively. Any attempt at spreading any of the content of my works in any form will be prosecuted. If you are reading this in any form outside Wattpad - be it in print, as an e-book or as an excerpt of text, the content has been stolen and you are in breach of international copyright laws. Also, if you're reading this anywhere other than Wattpad it's an illegal copy and you may be at risk of virus infection. You can read this story free in it's intended format and find more of my stories on Wattpad.