4.1

FOURTY-ONE.
the unseen mysteries

🔹️🔹️🔹️

"I guess I am just the absolute worst."

Just then, another blast of fire exploded into the cantina. I leaned over Mando's body, protecting him once more. I looked over at the entrance where the sounds of heavy footsteps could be heard. The brightness of the flames blinded me, but I tried to ignore it.

I narrowed my eyes down on the dark figure at the front of the room. That armor.. it belonged to an Incinerator Stormtrooper. The stormtrooper aimed the flamethrower at us.

I had to do something.. I had to protect everyone.

I stood up, holding my right hand out in front of me. But.. someone was already one step ahead of me.

I looked down at the child, who was holding out his two hands in front of him. The child was using the Force to shield us from the flames. Mando stared at the child in awe.

But the child had a limit too, and he was slowly reaching it -- he was about to pass out. I took a deep breath in and closed my eyes.

I gathered up all the remaining power left within me and shifted my hand a little, aiming it towards the stormtrooper. I focused on the last of my energy in the palm of my hands -- if this worked, it would drain all my strength away.

Even if this ability that I was about to perform was dangerous and dark.. I couldn't back away from it. Something was pulling me towards this kind of power -- something monstrous.

I heard a familiar and warm voice speak to me inside my head. It embraced me and comforted my soul as I felt the Force grow stronger.. darker within myself. The voice echoed throughout my head:

"Adalyn, no.. don't..."

I opened my eyes as the voice faded away. It was Luke's voice.. it was like he was trying to warn me, call out to me, try to reach out and touch me. But I had to save those who meant the world to me.

If it wasn't for my recklessness, none of this would've ever happened. I was angry and frustrated with myself.

As if on cue, the Force that came out of my hands was the strongest I had ever felt it be. I pushed back the flames and created a large explosion outside the cantina. I stressed the Force on the tip of my fingers and bolts of lightning shot out, electrocuting the stormtrooper to death within a second.

The child and I fell back onto the floor, exhausted. It was hard to move, but I wasn't dead. I just couldn't believe I'd did that. I was surprised that I was even capable of using the Force that strong in this condition.. let alone use the Force lightning -- a power used by the Sith.

I slowly sat up. It was painful to do but bearable. Mando looked at me. I couldn't see through his helmet, but I could tell he was staring at me as if I wasn't human.

He hesitated before muttering to himself, "Who exactly are you..?"

Suddenly, IG-11 had began kicking down the grate that he had been unsealing. The metal had clattered down as Greef turned towards us.