3.

Disclaimer~ There are some mature themes in this chapter. If you don't want to read this flashback and chapter, please feel free to skip. ~ TIliyah Ke'Nya

Excuse any mistakes. This book is still going through the editing process as well as the publishing process. I'm not sure how many chapters there will be, but this book is about to get crazy good. . There will be flashbacks throughout the story, so everyone can get an understanding of Zeoria's background. Enjoy!

Flashback~ 7 years ago

Zeoria

"Zeoria bring yo ass in here and pick these damn shoes up. You know better." My grandma Lisa screamed from the living room.

"Give me a minute, I'm coming grandma." I said as I was on the brink of finishing my homework.

"Zeoria Kario Lamar bring yo black ass down here now. If I have to tell you again, I'm gonna come up there with my belt." I cringe at her calling me by my full name. Anybody could tell you that if an adult called you by your full name that they meant business.

"Okay grandma." I said slightly huffing.

I dashed down stairs while almost falling on my ass. I knew better then to keep Grandma Lisa waiting, She didn't hesitate to whoop my ass or anybody else's for that matter.

I quickly grabbed my sandals. "Lil girl I know you wasn't up there huffing with yo grown ass. I swear I'm too old to be dealing with grown ass children like you." My grandma said as she rolled her eyes long and hard at me.

I didn't say a word. I went back upstairs and went back to working on my homework. I wanted to cry so badly. My mom had dumped my siblings and I off with my grandma. My grandma Lisa wasn't too happy about it, but she accepted it.

My mom had a total of 6 kids. All of us stayed with grandma Lisa except for Kaylen. Honestly, I wondered why my mom chose to keep Kaylen over the rest of us. Maybe it was because she had him by another man. My dad and mom couldn't stand each other, especially after their bitter divorce. My mom had always said they tried to work it out for the sake of me and my brothers, but she couldn't take it anymore.

Being the only girl was hard enough, but it was even harder without having my mom to guide me around. I had to learn things by myself. My grandma Lisa has always said she was too old to be minding my business and hers, so she never really focused on me.  I always believed that my oldest brother D was her favorite. She gave him whatever he wanted and whenever he wanted it. When it came to me, I was always "too grown" or "too fast" for her, but I hadn't done anything to prove that.

As I finished up the last bit of homework, I stuffed my folder in my book bag and decided to take a quick walk. "Grandma I will be back." I said as I was about to walk out the door."

"Girl, don't you see I'm on the damn phone. You know you don't suppose to interrupt when grown folks are talking."

"Yeah child. That was Zeoria grown ass tryna out talk me." My grandma said to whoever she was on the phone with.

Despite my stomach growling, I decided to walk out the house without eating anything. Grandma Lisa would probably have something to say about that too.

Even though it was like 80 degrees outside, I decided to grab a jacket. I was the type to wear a jacket in any kind of weather, but mostly because I was insecure about my arms. They had all kind of cuts, bumps, and bruises on them.

I walked down the road I was familiar with. I daydreamed about how it would be if things were different. I often caught my self daydreaming a lot lately. The sad part about the things I was daydreaming so vividly about is that these things would never happen.