Ranpo X Poe (×Lovely Night×)

Fluff :3

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Ranpo did what he was doing best: absolutely nothing.
He was doing absolutely nothing next to the fridge. He didnt know why exactly he was next to the fridge, but his energy was too low to get up. He hugged his knees, that were pulled up to his chest. He really wanted to sleep but at the same time he wanted to stay awake and be productive- or at least eat some candy.

Thats what great detectives do! Probably... he thought to himself and sighed. He thought about getting up and eating something, but he didnt move an inch. He felt sick and even a little bit dizzy... Suddenly there was a knock at the door. It was a soft, almost shy knock and if it wouldnt be so quiet in Ranpos house, he wouldn't have heard it. It was probably Poe. Maybe he wrote another book? How does this guy write books so fast? Ranpo buried his head in his arms. If it really was the brown haired author, he knew where he hid is key.
Ranpo wasnt surprised when he heard a 'click' coming from the door.
"Uhm.... Ranpo? Its me, Poe... Are you in there? " Poe asked, peeking into the house. Well, it was more of an apartment than a house. "I'm heeeeere." Ranpo mumbled, burying his head even more in his arms. He felt even more sick. At least the fridge cooled him down a little bit.. He heard Poes footsteps coming closer. "O-oh. Hi... What are you doing on the floor?" the soft voice asked. Poe looked down at him, a bit confused. He hoped that Ranpo just had a fever or a cold. Poe managed a small smile. His presence was always something Ranpo liked to have around. It was relaxing and calming, even though Poe himself never really acted calm. Ranpo lifted his head up, to see the him. His bangs almost covered both of his eyes as always. He wore surprisingly relaxed clothes and his raccoon, Carl, was missing. Wait no, he sat next to Ranpo, looking at the black-haired man with pitch-black eyes. Poe wore simple brown pants with a lazy black pullover. He looked great in- Ranpo immediately stopped his thoughts.
"Im.... Solving an extremely hard Case... " the detective answered with a tired expression. Not even Poe fell for that. The tall man was easily confused, but he wasnt stupid. "Aaand what are you doing here?" Ranpo questioned, studying Poes face. It was pale and soft, you could read every expression from the man's face. Ranpo noticed that his- that Poe looked worried. Was he worried about him? Noo. Why would he? It was an ordinary day right? Nothing to worry about!
"W-well... The whole agency was worried about you, so I came to check if you're okay... And honestly, you look sick.. " Poe answered his question, kneeling down im front of him. He rested his hand on top of Ranpo's head und patted him softly.
Ranpo couldn't help but blush. Now that Poe was closer, he could see his eyes. They were gray with a slight hint of purple. Poes eyes weren't special at all, but to Ranpo, they were absolutely stunning.
Poe moved his hand to Ranpos forehead. He really had a fever...
"Uhm... If you dont mind of course, I could cook something while you take a shower? I'm sure it will help you cool off... " Poe asked carefully, smiling, not to provoke any negative feelings. Ranpo was actually glad that Poe was here. He may acted like he didnt care about the other man's feelings, but in reality, he cared about him alot. Probably more than he actually should. Poe cared a lot. Always. He always advised Ranpo to eat more healthy, or put on some warmer clothes. And if Ranpo didn't listen, Poe would always give him that look. The I-know-better-than-you-so-please-listen-to-me look. After that look, Ranpo often did what Poe adviced. Just to make Poe feel better and take care of himself, of course!
"Yeah...." was the word that escaped Ranpos mouth. He smiled at the taller man. He couldn't say no to Poe (that rhymed-) after all...
After helping Ranpo up, Poe made his way to the kitchen. Ranpo knew that Poe was a great cook. The great detective himself could only cook noodles and pancakes. Sometimes he even managed to chop some vegetables, even though he still preferred candy. Even Ranpo himself found his cooking skills a little bit depressing, but he was too lazy to learn something new.
After Ranpo took a shower, he hopped into a sweater and some boxers and slowly made his way to the kitchen. He felt a little bit better, the dizziness was gone. And it smelled great! Like curry or something with rice. Halfway to the kitchen Carl sat on the floor and ate..... an onion? Ranpo softly hushed the raccoon away and picked up the half eaten onion. He was pretty sure raccoons weren't supposed to eat onions.
"You lost something... " Ranpo informed Poe, placing the Onion on the kitchen counter. Poe, who was facing a pan with some vegetables and meat in it, turned around. "Oh. Thanks Ranpo!" Poe smiled, happy to see that the detective finally showered. "Can you get the plates?" he asked the smaller one...