Ranpo X Poe (×Sweet Letters×)

Fluff agaaain uwu

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Shit.
It was later than he expected it to be. Poe walked faster, hoping to catch the Bus on time. He forgot the time again, writing his new story ideas in his notebook and now it was almost 8 PM! The Cafè he sat in not too long ago was far away from his home, but thats why he liked it so much. It was something new and completely unknown, which made his ideas for the story even better. Ranpo was probably asleep already, or watching some crime movies while eating candy. Sadly, Ranpo never cooked or ate anything healthy on his own, which is one of the many reasons the two men lived together. The other one was that they were boyfriends, but thats not important. Poe couldn't help but smile when he thought about the small detective. Ranpo was, besides Carl, probably his only friend. He never really liked the Guild at all and never made the effort to make friends with anyone, but Ranpo had always seemed to like his company.
The bus stop was already in sight, so he slowed down a little bit. Since there were many people still waiting, poe assumed the bus hadn't come yet. Good. The last time he missed the bus, he arrived home at 10 pm. Suddenly, Poe saw him. He stood there, arms crossed, visibly confused, studying the bus stop sign. Ranpo.
"R-ranpo? What are you doing here?" Poe immediately asked when he finally arrived at the bus stop. Did he get lost again? The smaller one had a surprised look on his face when he saw Poe. "Pooeeeee~!" Ranpo said, looking up to Poe with a happy grin and gave him a small hug. "I have absolutely no idea where I am!" Ranpo announced, petting Carl who was still sitting on Poes shoulders. This wasnt the first time Ranpo got lost. Once he found him in front the airport, buying overprized candy. "Oh. Of course.. How did you even get here? The agency is in a completely different place!" Poe asked again, seeing the bus in the distance. "Probably took the wrong bus. But now that you are here, we can go home!" the tone in the detectives voice was almost childish and his eyes had a motivated sprinkle in them. "Yeah..." Poe just mumbled and just waited for the bus to stop. "And what did you do?" Ranpo asked Poe with a warm smile on his lips. "I-"

"Let me guess! You were writing again riiiiiight?" Ranpo interrupted the taller one with an almost mocking grin. His emerald eyes sparkled joy when he saw Poe huffing offended. "Yes I was! Do you have anything against it?" Poe asked with an insecure look on his face. "Mabye!" the detective said and grabbed one of Poes hand with his own. Before Poe could ask what the hell he meant with that, Ranpo dragged him into the bus and shoved him onto a window seat. The rest of the Bus was quickly full, but Ranpo didn't mind that at all. Poe did. He never was a social person and his anxiety didnt help, but as long as nobody interacted with him, he would stay calm. The bus was silent and got emptier the longer it drove. After 20 minutes, more than half of the bus was empty. Poe looked next to him: Ranpo was busy unwrapping a lollipop. Of course... he thought and took out his pen and his book. He was currently stuck with an emotional scene, so he decided to flip to his scribble and nonsense page. Poe wrote half written peoms, cringy story ideas or the name of his characters on these pages. Lately, he wrote alot of love poems. They were embarassing, especially when they were dedicated to Ranpo... He sighed and startet to write. He soon stopped and tried to write something else, but nothing seemed to be interesting enough to get continued... He leaned against the window and tried to think of something beautiful to write about. Of course, his mind lead him to Ranpo, but Poe started to get annoyed from his own boring poems. "Why do you never finish them?" Ranpo asked and had already been stearing onto those pages for the last 4 minutes. Poe flinched at the sudden question and stared down at Ranpo, before he quickly closed his book, but Ranpo took it away and started reading the poems on his own. "N-no! Those arent good! I have better ones at home if you want to read poems so badly.." with those words Poe tried to get his book back, but Ranpo dodged him. "Ranpo, please-" "HAH! I knew you wrote poems for me! My name is on sooooo many pages!" Ranpo commented with a happy grin on his face. Poe's face got redder with every word coming out of Ranpos mouth. "Ranpo!" Poe finally managed to take his book back and hid it in his coat, avoiding Ranpos stares. The discomfort Poe felt was written all over his face. Ranpo on the opposite, felt great! His boyfriend wrote poems for him? Amazing. He was shy about it? Even better. Even though Ranpo never really was a romantic person, he loved Poes passionate and shy side. "So... are you gonna continue writing them?" The smaller one asked. curious and a happy smile on his face. "W-hat?" Poe asked, turning his head, looking at him. His eyes were hidden behind his dark hair. Ranpo gently leaned forward and pushed Poes hair up with his hand, so his purple grey eyes were visible. "Are you gonna continue writing the poems for me?" Ranpo asked again. Poe wanted to tell him that he wouldnt, that they werent good and that they were romantic nonsense... but Ranpo's curious and expecting look on his face stopped him. "Well.... I guess-" Poe got cut off by Ranpo again: "So you are gonna-" but this time, Poe was the one interrupting the spoken words, he suddenly gained some confidence. "Could you please let me finish for once?" Poe asked politely and couldnt help but smile at Ranpos confused face. "I guess I.... could write some better ones when we are at home..." Poe sighed, "but not now... I just want to get home Ranpo..." he endet and gently intertwined his fingers with Ranpos. The small detective was very satisfied with hid boyfriends answer and startet giving his lolipop the attention it deserved.
The rest of the bus ride was silent and comforting. None of them spoke and just sat there, looking out of the window. Ranpo was surprisingly calm. When the bus stopped, it had started to rain and Ranpo and Poe ran giggling and stomping into puddles trough the rain to their house. Happily, both of them threw themselves into their bed, falling asleep in eachothers embrace.

(NOW THATS CHEESY AF-)