You'll be okay

It's been 3 months since that night. We talked about everything, including the kiss, it took us awhile to sort out that situation but we decided to leave it in the past. However I didn't say anything about feelings for her, I'm still trying to figure that out.

The first month was pretty tough. She cut all ties with Cody, all those bruises on her body was very visible and it turns out she had a broken rib from getting kicked constantly, she wasn't eating much, didn't get enough sleep. Then the next two months I haven't really left her side. I told her that I wasn't going anywhere until she's feeling 100% better.

"Come one De Luca can you just tell me where we're going?"

"Shhhh, just let me surprise you. We're almost there." I kept my hands over Sofia's eyes.

"Okay but if I fall I'm blaming you."

"You're very clumsy you're gonna fall regardless and so you can't blame me." I joked.

I helped walk up the steps then stopped her. I remove my hands only to see her eyes being completely shut still. I took one last look of the things I've set for the both of us.

"You can open your eyes."

She opened it then gasped.

"Oh my gosh, you did this?!"

"Well.. yeah with a little help from Kirby" I breathed out.

I found this empty gazebo on the beach and I had Kirby help me decorate it. Before you start wondering, no it's not a date. It's a friendly hang out. I got us mini canvas, paint, finger food snacks on the side with some wine. Luckily the gazebo had a beautiful sight of the ocean and we had an hour before the sun would start to set. So yeah totally not a date.

"Oooh tater tots!" She sat down on the pillow and devoured the tots.

"I didn't know if you were into painting so I have a box of jigsaw puzzles on the side just in case."

"No no it's perfect, thank you." She smiled at me. I gazed into her eyes but I quickly snapped out of it and cleared my throat.

"So shall we get started?" I grabbed my canvas and sat further away from her.

"What should we paint?" Sofia asked.

"Paint whatever you want." I shrugged.

"You have to give me a theme so I can start brainstorming."

I thought about it for a minute. 

"How about we paint something that we think is beautiful. And don't worry we don't have to show each other so you can make it personal or whatever."

She nod her head and began painting.  Her back was facing me so I wouldn't see what she's making. She was painting so fast as if she's oozing out inspiration.

It's been 15 mins and I'm sitting here with a blank canvas. I looked around me for some inspiration until I got an idea.

Before I knew it the sun began to set.  Ooh I love this shit. I took out my phone snapped a picture. I have a thing for sunsets and galaxy stars. I put my phone down and made some finishing touches on my painting.

"Carson, I can feel you staring ."  I said glancing up and smirking at her.

"You looked so concentrated, it's cute." She said while stuffing her face with strawberries.

"Done painting?" I asked setting my canvas on the side.

"Yup. And thanks."

"For what?"