quinze

𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮, 𝓲𝓽 𝓯𝓵𝓸𝔀𝓼 𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮 𝓪 𝓰𝓪𝓻𝓭𝓮𝓷 𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓮, 𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓻𝓸𝓼𝓮♡   ♡  ♡  ♡  ♡  ♡  ♡  ♡  ♡  ♡

♡   ♡  ♡  ♡  ♡  ♡  ♡  ♡  ♡  ♡

the next day, ashton had woken up from the hushed whispers that had made their way into his dreams.

he groaned lightly, rubbing his hazel eyes when the sun hit them.

luke's head snapped to ashton's direction, along with an older man and woman.

luke smiled softly at ashton's confused expression, chuckling when he squeaked, his brain finally starting up.

"good morning, ash," luke mused, his eyes taking note of how cute ashton's messy hair in the morning is.

ashton blushed bright crimson, his eyes not leaving luke's parents. "g-good morning," he smiled shyly.

"oh don't worry dear, we were just heading downstairs for breakfast. our son forgot to mention he had a friend over," the woman mentioned happily.

"i'm liz by the way. but you can call me momma. michael does," the woman- liz- laughed out.

luke blushed and ushered the two out of his room, shutting the door behind him.

ashton's breath hitched as he noticed that luke was in nothing but boxers.

a slight whimper left his lips and luke raised an eyebrow with a smirk, "like what you see, princess?"

ashton shook his head. "uh, no! i just uh, the sun is t-too bright."

luke rolled his eyes playing with the chain around his neck, "sure, angel."

ashton blushed again, hiding his face in his hands and whining out in embarrassment.

"come on, i promised we'd have a chill day today. so you need to get your butt out of bed!"

ashton looked checked his phone, gawking at the time.

"i slept in until twelve?" he asked.

he was never allowed to sleep in past seven in the morning in his own house.

luke grinned. "yeah. you seemed really tired so i thought you should rest longer."

ashton blushed again, muttering a "thank you" before getting up.

"oh, i don't have any clothes."

luke quickly went into his closet and pulled out an oversized (or, at least oversized to ashton) t-shirt with the words "the band name" printed onto it.

ashton's eyes lit up at the sight of his favourite band's merch. "oh my god, you have their merch?" he squealed.

luke smiled softly, "yeah. the size was a bit small so i don't really wear it. you can have it though."

ashton took the shirt, then smiled at luke, pulling him in for a tight hug. "thank you so much for everything, lukey."

luke hugged the short boy back, feeling his heart beat harshly against his rib cage again.

"anything for you angel."

after liz and andrew had a good chat with the boys, and ashton explained his situation, they both agreed to let the boys stay home for the day.

"luke, honey, me and your father have been called down to work. the phone number for the pizza and chinese place is on the fridge. stay safe, boys."

she quickly kissed both luke and ashton's forehead, looking back and smiling to herself when they cuddle into each other further.

i totally ship it, liz thought.

luke and ashton were laid on luke's bed, ashton's head on luke's chest, luke's arm wrapped around his shoulder.

luke was tracing small patterns on the exposed skin, eyes trained on the tv as another 'how i met your mother' episode started playing.

then he heard a small sniffle.

"ashy? what's wrong?" his voice was soft but loud enough for ashton to hear over the loud voice of barney stinson.

"i-i was just thinking about calum, how i'm losing him like i lost everybody else."

luke frowned, placing a kiss on ashton's curls. "i know, i know. losing people sucks but it's his loss. if he thinks the guy he's only been with for a couple weeks is worth more than the guy he's known since he was a kid, then that's his problem."

"pretty soon, he'll realise he's giving up on one of the best people i've ever met."

ashton placed his face in the crook of luke's neck. "i just..i just always thought he'd be there until the end, ya know? he's been my best friend since we were, like, five. we never let a guy get in between us until now."

luke nodded in understanding. "it's really weird. michael isn't doing that to me. he still texts me and calls me and we still hang out. calum's always with us and then i realise you're on your own and that makes me feel horrible."

"you don't deserve to be on your own, honey."

ashton's head snapped up at luke, "calum hangs out with you guys?"

luke nodded sadly. "i'm sorry."

"it's fine. i got you now, right?" ashton asked, his hazel eyes gleaming with tears.

luke bit his lip.

"of course," he lied.