vingt-deux

𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓰𝓻𝓮𝔂 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓯𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓼𝓸𝓯𝓽, 𝓫𝓪𝓫𝔂 𝓹𝓲𝓷𝓴 𝓸𝓻 𝓫𝓪𝓫𝔂 𝓫𝓵𝓾𝓮♡   ♡   ♡   ♡   ♡   ♡   ♡   ♡   ♡

♡   ♡   ♡   ♡   ♡   ♡   ♡   ♡   ♡

ashton's eyebrows furrowed as he saw a shadow block the light. he looks up, his heart racing with anxiety as he saw a girl wearing a cap backwards smiling down at him.

"mind if i sit here?" she asked softly, although she didn't really give ashton much of a choice as she was already bending to sit down.

"i'm rebekah but everyone calls me bex." the girl- bex- put her hand out to shake and ashton hesitantly grabbed it, shaking it slowly.

"i'm ashton," he replied, his fingers fiddling with the hem of his dress. bex smiled at him, then frowned. "are you not eating?

ashton shook his head, feeling himself become dizzy at the little act. "i had a big breakfast."

he knew bex didn't believe him. he could see it in her eyes. but ashton was very thankful when a certain, dark-haired teacher walked by.

bex's eyes diverted to her, her eyes filled with adoration. "she's so pretty, isn't she?" she said lovingly, watching miss deaton walk past with her pretty red dress on.

ashton has the same one.

"uh, i-i'm gay-" he stammered, heart racing. bex let out a loud laugh. "oh honey, so am i," she mused.

"so," ashton smirked at her. "miss deaton, huh?" bex's face flushed bright red as she looked down.

"i know we just met but ya know what? i trust you'll keep this to yourself."

she looked around for a moment before looking back at ashton, her eyes darting back and forth. "me and miss deaton are dating."

ashton felt his jaw drop as his eyes widened. "you and miss deaton?" he whispered harshly. bex nodded frantically. "but you can't tell anyone. she'll get fired and sent to jail, please ashton," she begged, her eyes pleading.

ashton sighed and nodded. "as long as it's consensual and you both want it, then i can't judge," he said defeatedly.

bex nodded. "we've only been together for like three months but i think i might be in love with her already."

ashton rolled his eyes as he faked a gag. "jesus, i've only known you for like less than ten minutes and you're already being sappy."

bex giggled cutely. "so do you have a guy in your life right now?" she asked, adjusting her hat.

for a moment, ashton's mind flickered to luke; his golden locks, deep blue eyes and soft face that, when you looked close enough, had small freckles that made him look so angelic and pure.

he wasn't, of course. he seems to be satan's son, if ashton does say so himself.

it was only for a split second, though, before the raven haired man came to his mind. "yeah, i'm dating this guy called zayn," ashton grinned.

"he must be very lucky with you, huh?" ashton blushes deeply.

"i like him a lot," he bit his lip.

"buuut...?" bex trailed. "but there's this other guy, luke," ashton admitted, feeling a weight being lifted off his shoulders.

"luke? luke the fuckboy who literally ruined your life?" bex asked, her anger already starting to surface.

ashton nodded shyly, his curls falling into his face. "he's so nice to me again and i don't know how to feel," he murmured.

bex shook her head disappointedly. "no, you can't." she stated strictly.

"he fucking ruined your life, i wouldn't go back if i were you."

ashton sighed, head pulling back to look at the ceiling before squeezing his eyes shut.

"i know."