Part 28

Last night my dad had basically interrogated Camila. Everything from what schools she went to, to what her blood type was. I felt so bad. Not only did that happen last night, but my dad had invited Camila to breakfast this morning.

Camila had been texting me all night. Asking questions to make sure she was ready for today. Things like: how she should dress, how she should do her hair, is there a color my dad preferred, and if she should try to match with me. To say she was nervous was an understatement.

I had tried to calm her down and tell her she didn't have to try so hard. She went on to say how she wanted my family to like her.

"Camila, please. They'll like you. You don't have to go out of your way to impress them. If anything, just talk about softball or baseball. They will surely love you." I had told her when she had called me early this morning.

"Oh great. Now I have to make sure I study all the scores from yesterday and this morning!" She shrieks into the speaker.

"Camila!"

"I'm sorry! I'll stop! I've just never met your parents before! Well, I have, but it wasn't like this!" She confessed.

"What do you mean, like this?"

"Does it matter?" She sounded a bit shy all a sudden.

"I guess not."

We continued to speak until she had arrived at my house. Now she stands in my doorway.

"Sorry, I'm early. Just trying to make a good impression." She speaks softly.

She looked absolutely amazing. Her black hair was brushed nicely. Not a single hair stood out. She wore a black crop top with skinny ripped white jeans. It looks like she even washed her black boots. (see photo above)

"You look beautiful." I look down at the short black dress. I tried to look nice as well. Not sure why it's not like I have to impress my family. Even if they don't like me, they are stuck with me.

"Thank you. You look beautiful as always." I give her a smile and she places a hand over her heart.

"I love you smile. It kills me."

"You are so cheesy."

"Only for you babe." My heart skips a beat at the pet name. I liked it.

"Are you two just going to continue flirting in the doorway, or come eat with us?" Taylors' voice rang through the living room.

I take a deep breath and move out of the doorframe. "Well, come in." I'm glad she's coming in from the front door this time and she's not drunk or passed out.

I let her in front of me and then grab a hold of her hand, leading her to the kitchen. My family was sitting at the table. They had left two chairs open, they were crossed from each other. Do I let Camila sit between my dad and Chris, or between my mom and Taylor? My mom and Taylor, it is.

I point to her seat and then begin to sit in mine. Before I can even make it to the chair, Camila runs and pulls it out for me. I take my seat and she helps me push it in. What a gentleman.

"Chris, please pass the pancakes and orange juice." My mother speaks. He does what she says. She places the food in between Camila and me. I help her get what she wants and then begin eating.

"So Camila, you go to the same college as Lauren? Are you a freshman as well?" Chris stares at him. I think he was trying to intimidate her a little bit.

"That's right. I am actually a sophomore." She clears her throat. She was a bit uncomfortable.

"I see. Do you live on campus?" My Dad has now spoken up. Oh god. Please don't start interrogating her again. I thought she had enough last night.

"I rent an apartment on campus." She answers back.

"Yea, aren't you Lauren's roommate?" Taylor speaks up before shoving a piece of pancake in her mouth. I love my leg over to kick her under the table.

"You two are roommates?" My Dad raises his eyebrows at me.

"Yes, I tried to get a dorm but they were all full. They are allowed to mix grades for the apartment Dad. I'm not living in her apartment without the dean knowing if that's what you thought." I explained.

"Well, if it's not a problem with the school. Then I don't see a problem with it," my mother takes a sip of her orange juice. "I just hope you two are being careful and aren't-

"Mom."

"Sorry."

My dad clears his throat and wiggles in his seat uncomfortably. I look at Camila to see she's trying so hard not to make eye contact with my dad or Chris.

"I expect you to take care of my sister when you two get back." Chris glares at him. I roll my eyes.

"Of course, I always take care of her."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

Camila's eyes widened at the question. "Oh, I didn't mean anything by it!"

"Chris stop trying to intimidate her please," I beg and also kick him under the table.

"How did you get that cut?" Taylor thankfully changed the subject. She rubs her forehead as if she has the cut himself. I was hoping no one would bring that up.

"Oh well, um, I was-

"She was playing softball and tripped. She had hit her head on the base." The lie comes out of my mouth quickly. How did I think of that so fast?

"You play Softball?" Chris asks.

"Not for a team or anything. My friends and I normally go out and play. But yeah, that's how I got this nasty cut. I should have tied my shoes before the game." She chuckles.

Her eyes meet mine for a second. Her eyes held relief and I think she was trying to tell me to thank you.

My brothers and Dad begin to ask her all sorts of softball questions. I'm not sure if she was making all this up or if she was actually a softball expert.

A/N

THIS STORY DOES NOT BELONG TO ME, this story was written by fangirl2119! Go check out her page for the original story!

Also hello to my readers from the U.S.A., Canada, France, Argentina, Mali, South Africa, Portugal, U.K., Germany, Italy, Slovakia, Greece, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, and Australia hope y'all are doing well during this time!