ch. 4 "everything has changed"

Kissing Tweek felt like we were in a romance movie. His soft lips moving cautiously against mine, the way his hands grabbed at my back...
Fuck, was he suffocating? Tweek pulled back, panting slighty with a flustered look spread across his face. I couldn't tell, but I was probably showing the same expression. He looked away and covered his face with his shaky hands. I leaned back against the tree we were sitting under, not knowing what to say. Tweek was most likely put even more on edge because of that kiss. My eyes wandered to the sky and all the stars that decorated it. The little balls of light- that's what they are, right?- set off a strange calming feeling. I glanced at Tweek and smiled a little. He was peeking through his fingers at the same sight. I had the urge to grab his hands and kiss him again. Maybe make him forget about everything for a moment. But that would probably set him off again.
Deciding to let him be, I sighed and stared up at the stars again. We remained like that for a while. Tweek was still trembling slightly but it was nothing unusual for him. I didn't make much of a reaction when I felt something climb into my lap. Something like..a small dog..I love animals anyways. I wouldn't push it away even if it was covered in dirt and grime. But it wasn't a dog. Tweek had climbed into my lap and cuddled up against me. His eyes were squeezed shut and his arms were wrapped tight around my torso. I felt my cheeks heat up at this action, but I returned the gesture and curled my arms around his little body. "Craig," Tweek murmured against the crook of my neck. I made a soft noise in reply. "I can't go home.." The blonde continued, his voice sounding tearful. "I know, Tweek." I sighed and held onto him as if my life depended on it.