New Family

Y/N spent the rest of the night reflecting. 

At first, she cried. Then she regretted her entire life and then sobbed some more. 

As the first rays of sunlight entered the room, Y/N was sitting on the bed, eyes swollen and red, thinking. 

Apparently, she was now a 10-year-old girl called Ashlyn Clarke and that itself was a lot to take in. She seemed to have just teleported to this place while she was sleeping, and everything had changed. Besides, where the hell did a talking phoenix come from? And where did it go?

But she could worry about that later. There were other things to worry about. Things that were much more important.

Her wish. Did it really come true? All of it? She wouldn't wake up and find out this was all just a dream her brain made up, would she? In all honesty, she didn't want to.

Because, if her wish did come true, that would mean that she possessed magic, and could attend Hogwarts...Or, if she looked at this way, she needn't even be a witch. She had asked for a new life in the Wizarding world. She had gotten the first part already. 

Now, for the Wizarding world, she could just tumble in by accident like Jacob in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.

She really didn't want that...Maybe she should check if she has any magic powers...

What was she supposed to do? 

Y/N stared at a spot on the wall. How the hell was she supposed to check if she possessed magic!? How did it work even?

Feeling extremely stupid, she stared at a small book which was lying on the desk which was pushed to the corner. She slowly raised her hand and held it out.

"Accio, book," she said.

Nothing happened.

Y/N scoffed at her own stupidity. She couldn't believe she had actually done that.

But...what if she did possess magic, and she was just not doing the spell properly. In the books, Hermione had said that you need to really focus on what you want. She wasn't doing that. Plus, the Summoning charm was a fourth-year spell. And on top of that, she was trying wandless...Although that shouldn't matter much because she was still underage and hadn't gone to Hogwarts yet, meaning she had very little control over her magic...

Hmmm...

She should just stop expecting so much. It would only lead to disappointment.

Around seven in the morning, she heard a knock on the door. 

"Sweetheart, come down for breakfast." called a voice, which she supposed would be the mother. She decided that she wouldn't step out of that room, but her stomach gave a cry of protest. 

Reluctantly, she stepped out of her room and went in the direction she heard sounds from, hoping it would be the dining room.

"Morning sweety." said the woman. 

She had a kind face, and her brown eyes shone with adoration. She looked really beautiful, or maybe it had something to do with her smile. It was so bright. 

Y/N knew at once that Ashlyn had inherited her mother's raven hair and features. 

Her eyes travelled to the man sitting at the table, drinking his coffee. So, that's where she got those amber eyes. He had a firm jaw and dirty blond hair. He looked up at her and gave her a lopsided grin, which she must say, made him look quite handsome. She was sure that Elisa must have fallen for this smile.