Dueling

Draco Malfoy and his friends entered the Slytherin common room and dropped their bags and went to dinner.

"You alright?" Blaise asked.

"Of course I am," Draco snapped.

"You don't look so," Blaise said shrugging. "I thought Clarke would kill you though"

"Me too," Draco agreed. "I thought I was as good as dead. Did you see her eyes?! Her voice! It was like that time. I swear on Merlin, I never want to hear it again," he confided.

"Like what time?" Blaise asked

"Nothing," Draco said curtly.

"I'll admit, the mudblood was scary," Pansy said nodding. "I wouldn't be surprised if she killed you in your sleep," she said

Draco shuddered. 

"Say, she has it in for killing you, hasn't she?" Blaise said

"Tell me about it," Draco sighed as he loaded his plate.

"Well, it is mostly his fault," Pansy added, which Draco ignored.

"First year,  she threatened to hex me, shove me off the boat, and she almost knocked me off my broom," Draco said counting off on his fingers.

"You stole Longbottom's...what was that?...ah, his remembrall" Pansy added

"Second year, she almost set me on fire"

"You insulted her friend," Blaise provided. Draco ignored it.

"Third year, her bloody chicken attacked me,"

"A hippogriff" Blasie corrected. But Draco was busy recollecting all the times he was almost mauled to death.

"You insulted it, too," Pansy said, he ignored that too.

"And then she pun-ahem" he stopped abruptly when he realized what he was saying.

"She what?" Pansy asked curiously.

"Nothing," Draco said.

"What is it, Malfoy?" Blaise asked, nudging him playfully.

"I said its nothing" Draco spat, shoving Blaise.

"Vincent?" Pansy prompted turning to Crabbe, who had his mouth stuffed. She sighed in disgust and turned to Gregory Goyle.

"Don't you dare, Goyle," Draco snapped

"Don't mind him," Blaise said. But Goyle seemed confused as to whom to listen to. By this time Crabbe had swallowed his food and spoke.

"The mudblood punched him," Crabbe said

"On his face," Goyle continued heartened that his friend was the one who started it.

"Broke his nose," Crabbe added.

"What?!" Pansy exclaimed looking horrified.

Blaise blinked twice, then his face twitched and he erupted into laughter.

"Merlin's pants! She punched you?! On your face?!" Pansy cried.

"Broke his *wheeze* nose...HAHAHA HAHAHA" Blaise said in between his howls of laughter.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Pansy asked, trying to stop herself from smiling

"Why do you think I didn't? Look at you. Look at him!" Draco said, kicking Blaise, who was banging the table, as he guffawed.

"Ow! But she punched you! ...ON YOUR FACE! SHE...Punched you!" Blaise said gasping for breath between his laughter.

"SHUT UP!" Draco hissed looking around in alarm. He glared at a few fifth years who were staring at them blankly.