A Little Trip 1

"Why are you here?" Malfoy asked.

"Why do you think?" Ashlyn said. "For you, you dummy. You wouldn't reply to my letters and after months you send some half-assed bullshit and you expect me to sit there and do nothing? You should've expected me coming here,"

"At least I would come to kick your ass," she sassed. "Good for you, today I'm not in much of a mood for ass-kicking. I even had to pick the lock to your door the muggle way," she ranted.

Malfoy just stared at her.

"Is that all you came here for?" he said. "For me?"

"Well," Ashlyn said. "You were the first reason, then as time ticked by, I added a few more to the list. But yes, you could say for you,"

"Why?" he said weakly.

Ashlyn blinked, then her gaze softened and she sighed. She placed her hand on his cheek, wiping away a fresh tear.

"Honestly, Malfoy, I still don't get why you keep asking me that question," she said with a small laugh. "You're worth all the trouble,"

"I keep my promises, and if I ever break them, I'm ready to pay with my life," she said taking his hand and leading him out. "I'll be there for you, okay?"

"Oh," she gasped when she felt him pulling her back and wrapping his arms around her. 

"Okay," she said uncertainly. Malfoy only tightened his hold around her, pressing her to his chest and his head resting on her shoulder. 

Ashlyn brought her hands around him, and patted his back, rather awkwardly because she hadn't expected this. She could hear his quick, anxious heartbeat, and wasn't sure how to comfort him.

"Don't say anything," Malfoy said as though having read her mind. 

"Only for a moment," he said, his breath fanning her skin. "Let's just stay like this for a moment,"

"Mmhmm," Ashlyn hummed her agreement, closing her eyes and letting herself relax into the hug.

"You know what," Ashlyn said once they walked out of the bathroom. "We're going out now,"

"What?" Malfoy said looking up suddenly.

"A little trip," Ashlyn said walking towards the door.

"I'd drag you out like this itself, but if you want to get ready or something. I'll be waiting outside. Don't take too long, kay?" and she closed the door behind her.

Fifteen minutes later, where Ashlyn took in the decor of the landing, Malfoy finally came out, his travelling cloak in his hand.

"Great!" Ashlyn said brightly and went downstairs, Malfoy followed her.

"You do realise this is my house, don't you?" he said.

"I do," Ashlyn said simply. She heard Malfoy scoff behind her.

"Yet you strut around like you own the place?" he sneered.

"Don't you take that tone with me, Malfoy," Ashlyn snapped. "I wrote to you for months. Months! At least three letters every day, and you didn't write back. Not once,"

Malfoy didn't reply, so she turned around to look at him. He was staring at his feet as though he had never seen them before.

Ashlyn sighed. "You better write back next time, or I swear I'm coming for you and I'll hex your stupid ass into oblivion,"