Chapter 2

I pulled up into my usual parking spot on school sight and already I noticed people begin to stare.

Yes peasants, I have returned.

Calum had told me the numerous rumors that had been going round about my suspension and my brief time in jail whilst I had been gone. Some of them had really cracked us both up.

Apparently I was a first degree murderer, an arsonist and the most ridiculous one was me being a bank robber.

I grabbed for my bag and climbed out of my car hitching it onto my shoulder. I plucked my pack of cigarettes from my back pocket and slipped one out before placing it between my lips and lighting it. I took a deep drag before holding it between my thumb and forefinger as I walked across school campus ignoring people's stares blowing the smoke into the cool morning breeze as I did so.

I strolled over to the main office where I had been told to collect my new timetable.

Ugh Mrs Crossware was on the front desk today.

She was my least favourite receptionist, her face was hard as stone.

I gathered it would be best to put my cigarette out before I entered the office, I wasn't mentally prepared for an earful from her. With the other receptionists I never really had much trouble into charming them to let me off.

I walked through the office instantly recieving a piercing glare.

"Hey chill out medusa, I'm only here for my timetable" I told her holding up my hands.

Mrs Crossware smirked.

"Lucas, it's always a pleasure to have your sarcasm in my office"

I cringed when she used my full name and she seemed satisfied to have shut me up so quickly.

She flicked out a piece of paper with my lesson plan on it and I plucked it from her dangerously long nailed fingers.

I rolled my eyes when I saw I had physics first and Mrs Crossware chuckled as I turned away back towards the door.

"Welcome back, Hemmings"

***

On the plus side, I still had Calum for most of my lessons. The only classes I wasn't with him in now was English and that was the class that I had leaked his ex's nudes in. I guess I wasn't welcome back there. However, I had been placed into his maths class which was something. I guess my old maths teacher had gotten sick of me doing nothing all the time.

I strolled into Physics glancing around until I found Calum.

I noticed the room turn deadly silent as I entered with the odd whisper here and there.

 I rolled my eyes and placed myself into the seat next to Calum. He was watching me amused as I shifted under everyones stares.

"That's right ladies and gents, the arsonist murderer who robbed a bank has returned get a good look"

people automatically dropped their gazes and I chuckled at the fact that people were so intimidated by him. He's nothing like the asshole act he puts on.

I laughed. "You're such an asshole, they probably believe you"

Calum laughed along with me.

"That's what makes it so entertaining"

I held up my hand for a high five and he slapped his palm to mine with an "aye"

Our physics teacher, Mr Campbell soon came striding into the room and once his eyes settled on Calum and I, he suddenly looked uncomfortable.

I raised an eyebrow at him with a smirk and he quickly dropped his gaze.

It confused me how a grown man could be so intimidated by well..me. I pretty much just resembled an extremely tall child with some chin stubble.

"It's nice to have you back, Hemmings" he told me looking anywhere but my face.

I snickered.

"Oh trust me, the pleasure is all yours"