Chapter 6

I hadn't seen Ashton around school at all for the last couple of weeks and admittedly, I had started to grow worried. I hadn't seen him since the day I told him to fuck off. I hoped he was okay. Maybe he was just taking some time off to heal?

I buried my face into my arms and rested my head on the desk as I endured after school detention. It was dragging for ages, probably because it was a friday.

I heard the wheels of Mr Moore's chair roll back and he stood up, I peered up at him.

"Uh, I'll be back in a few minutes, I'm printing off some work sheets for Monday, just stay here, Hemmings" I gave him a thumbs up.

I'd been in many detentions. I knew the drill. I plonked my head back down onto my arms and rested my eyes. We'd had new neighbours move into the appartment next door and they'd been having some sort of welcoming party for the past two nights.

I suddenly jumped as a ding came from the computer and glanced up at the projector board which Mr Moore had left on. The email that had just came through instantly grabbed my attention as I read the subject.

Subject: Ashton Irwin.

I glanced over at the door. I couldn't hear any footsteps coming down the corridor so I sneaked a trip to Mr Moore's computer and opened up his emails.

Extremely invasive, I know, but I hadn't seen anything of Ashton for the past couple of weeks. I clicked on the email and began reading.

I suddenly felt the blood drain from my face and my knees didn't feel capable to hold my weight.

Email:

Subject: Ashton Irwin

Hello Staff!

As you may have noticed, year 11's Ashton Irwin has been absent from classes for the past couple of weeks. This has been due to a stay in the hospital after a failed suicide attempt.

Due to this, Ashton shall need extra vigilance from all staff when he returns Monday morning for the next few weeks and a lot of positivity!

Obviously, this is not the kind of email that I would like to be sending out, but it is the best way to make sure it gets seen

Regards

K. Hunt
Head Mistress

I couldn't breathe. The walls around me felt as if they were closing in. This was all my fault. What if he had seen a friend in me? What if I was someone he felt he could go to and I sent him away.. Sent him away all because I was more worried about my stupid rep. What if I had sent him over the edge?

I gripped onto the desk failing miserably to steady my breathing. A nausea was building in my stomach and guilt flooded through me as I realised that I had acted just as cruely as his bullies except my way was verbal.

I stumbled back to my desk falling into my seat locking my fingers into my hair. He tried to end his life.

I took deep breaths slowly calming myself down. I can't leave things like this. I need to put it right.

I pulled out my notepad and a pen and began scribbling down a note on the page.

Ashton,

I know you don't get told this very often, and I know it is very likely that you don't see it, but you are an incredible person.
There's so many little things about yourself that you think nothing or little of when to other people they are the most beautiful things about you.
Don't think you went unnoticed whilst you were away. I know you don't think all that much of yourself, but just know, you are important to more people than you think
from -

I quickly folded the paper and taped it to the underside of his desk with only a small part of it sticking out. It wasn't half the apology he deserved, but it was a start.

I got bored of my detention after Mr Moore hadn't returned for ten minutes I grabbed my bag and left the room, after all, tonight, I had a party to attend.

[A/N:] Hii guys!! So here is chapter 6, bit of a plot twist I guess. I hope you enjoyed it.

This is almost at 300 reads! That's super incredible and I can't thank you all enough.

Could we please do the same again? 3 votes before the next chapter?

I love you all so so much, thank you, Byee (: