Chapter 7

I was feeling good.

To be honest, I couldn't even remember why I had been feeling shitty in the first place.

The amount of stuff I had in my system right now had me feeling over the moon.

I stumbled into Calum pulling him in for a tight hug and he laughed into my neck.

"I love you man" I managed to slur. That's what I think I said, it could have just come out as a bunch of mumbles.

Calum rubbed my back "I love ya too bro"

Success. I could still manage to speak the English language which also proved that I wasn't drunk enough.

I don't remember why I had wanted to get so wasted tonight, all I know is what I was feeling before was not nice and right now, I didn't have a care in the world.

In all honesty, I couldn't even remember who's house party this was.

"you know what we should do?" I asked and Calum shook his head.

"Tell me what we should do, Hemmings"

I began to giggle

"I think we should take the car for a spin"

Calum was drunk, but clearly not as drunk as me. Calum still had the ability to think logically.

"I don't think that is too much of a good idea, mate" he told me and I frowned at him.

"What the hell are you talking about? It's a freaking great idea!" I exclaimed accidentaly knocking a girls drink out of her hand.

Calum quickly apologised before grabbing me by the waist and pulling me towards the stairs.

"I think it's time we went for a little break, yeah?"

I attempted to fight his strength, but right now, I was incapable and he was a lot stronger than me.

We made it upstairs to a bedroom and Calum sat me down on the bed before closing the door behind us, the noise from down stairs suddenly being drowned out.

I layed back on the bed curling into a ball and called for Calum.

"You are required to be my little spoon" I murmered and Calum groaned, but did as I asked. Calum always gave in to my requests when I was drunk. He said I was like a vulnerable child. Calum got into the baby spoon position and I nuzzled up into his neck wrapping my arm around his waist. For us, this wasn't weird. We had always had a comfortable friendship like this. Calum was like my brother.

Calum was silent for a while, which indicated he was deep in thought before he suddenly turned over to face me with a frown.

I smoothed it out with my forefinger and he chuckled at me.

"You don't usually get black out wasted unless something is bothering you. Talk to me, Lukey" I watched his face as he waited patiently for my reply.

"It's my fault, Cal" I grumbled feeling a lump rise in my throat. Calum shuffled closer to me his face inches away from mine.

"Talk to me" he urged.

"Ashton tried to kill himself, that's why he hasn't been around" I blathered and Calum frowned.

"The freak?"

"He's not a freak Calum" I exclaimed and Calum seemed taken aback by my reaction.

It all came flooding back. Everything I had wanted to forget for tonight now flooded through my head torturing me. I began to sob causing Calum to murmer a soft "hey" before inching closer to me and holding my waist. I breathed heavily and without thinking lurched forward, my lips attaching to Calum's. He remained still at first before parting our lips for the briefest of moments and attaching them again. We both pulled away quickly, almost embarassed.

"I'm sorry" I whispered and Calum broke into a giggle causing me to join in.

"That was something" he said quietly before he frowned and his eyes snapped back up to me questioningly.

"Lukey are you-"

"I'm gay, Cal" I said quietly and Calum gaped at me for a few moments.

"How long have you known?"

"Pretty much since primary school"

Both of our voices were hushed whispers.

Calums face changed to one of hurt.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asks, his eyes more questioning than ever.

"I-I guess I didn't know how you would react to it"

Calum let out a laugh.

"Lukey, I thought you would know me better by now than to think I would abandon you just because you liked guys. You love who you love man."

I held onto Calum tightly, it did feel better to finally get this off my chest and especially to have my best friend's support.

Calum held me back.

"I'm so lucky to have a friend like you, cal"

Calum rubbed my back.

"I know you are" he told me smugly and I poked his side before cuddling into his chest.

I only ever let out my true feelings when I was drunk and Calum was the only person I ever showed them to.

Panic suddenly settled in my chest, I was going to have to face Ashton on monday, I couldn't leave things as broken as they are. Hell, I didn't even know the guy, but he didn't deserve me being an absolute dick to him. I had to put things right.