Chapter 27

[A/N:] WARNING: this chapter includes self harm, may be triggering.

"Ashton?" I called as I wandered down the dark corridor of his house toward his bathroom.

I had woken up without him all snug safely in my arms and immediately went in search for him.

The bathroom door was closed with bright light shining through the cracks around the frame.

"Ashton?" I called again, my voice a hushed whisper.

I reached out for the door handle and attempted to push it open. It was locked.

I heard sniffles coming from inside and immediately panicked, wrenching at the handle.

"Ashton, baby, it's me, open up" I tried to sound soothing but my words came out too panicked to calm anyone down.

He could be doing anything in there.

I began to push myself into the door and soon the lock gave out under my force and the door swung open.

The sight that greeted me caused the blood to drain from my face as my eyes were met with his own,  blood drenching his clothes and the floor.

I sunk to my knees and shuffled over to the weak boy slumped against the bathtub and gripped his open wrists to try and stop the bleeding.

He had cut vertically.

Ash..Ashton why?" I choked through strangled sobs. "Ashton you promised!" I yelled when he didn't respond and desperately grabbed at his face pulling him closer to me shaking him to try and wake him up. The blood stained metal slipped through his pale fingers and I grabbed it, throwing it up against the wall.

I cradled his face to my chest and placed my ear by his lips.

He had stopped breathing.

"No no no NO NO NO" I screamed breaking down into hysterics.

I suddenly felt Ashton slipping away. The bathroom I was in distancing further and further away from me-

My eyes flashed open and I lurched out of bed panting heavily. I was covered in a sheen of my own sweat and my cheeks were dampened with tears.

It had all just been a dream.

I ran my fingers through my touseled hair and tried to calm down my heart beat.

I had to check on Ashton. I needed to make sure he was okay.

I quickly changed into a new shirt since my old one was covered in sweat and a pair of black skinny jeans before rushing out of the front door. Ryan was in bed so I wasn't going to get interogated.

I ran. I ran as fast as my legs could take me, my chest burning as I wheezed with each stride.

I managed to reach Ashton's street after fifteen minutes of running and was grateful there was no police around since anyone running through the streets at this time of night would be looking suspicious as hell.

I clambered up the tree to his balcony, my finger tips were savaged by the time I reached it and my arms felt like jelly. I wildly tapped on Ashton's huge window and soon after my eyes were met with sleepy, confused golden green ones.

I visibly relaxed.

Ashton unlocked the door and I crashed into him lifting him up and spinning him round peppering his face with kisses.

"Luke what are you-"

I cut him off by kissing him tenderly and lifting his thighs around my waist, holding him close and Ashton seemed to forget about my frenzy.

I nuzzled my nose into the sleepy boys messy hair and took in his scent.

"I love you baby" I whispered and he whispered it back into my chest.

Once I was one hundred percent sure that everything was all okay, I pulled Ashton to his bed and into my chest. The poor boy was still half asleep and I couldn't help but feel guilty for waking him up and getting into a panic.

I hadn't felt this guilty since I took his virginity a few weeks back, which Calum and Michael wre still teasing us both over.

Ashton's breathing soon drifted into a peaceful state and I felt my eyes begin to grow heavier.

Ashton is safe. Ashton is safe. Ashton is safe. I reminded myself over and over and soon I drifted into a peaceful sleep.