Chapter 5

The first class in school this morning was Maths, the class that I never managed to attend after yesterdays events.

I was scrolling through my music library on my phone as Calum arrived and I mocked shock.

"It's not like you to arrive into a lesson, Mr Hood. Are you sure you have the right room?"

Calum sneered at me before slinging his bag at his desk and taking a seat turning his chair to face me.

"Good morning, Mr Hemmings" he began, placing his elbows on my desk and resting his chin on his linked fingers.

I raised an eyebrow.

"What's got you so cheerful?" I asked curiously.

Calum gasped leaning back in his seat.

"Is it such a crime to be in a good mood around you, Lucas?"

I cringed as he used my full name and he chuckled.

I was about to use a handful of profanities to tell him where to go when a sheepish hand tapped on my desk. I glanced up to be met with those gorgeous golden green eyes again.

The bruising in Ashton's face had come out a hell of a lot and he was all shades of purple and green. I winced away as I took in his appearence not quite being able to look at him properly.

"I just want to say thank you for yesterday" he told me as he fiddled awkwardly with his fingers.

I didn't want to be taken as some sort of softie and already I felt the class fall quiet as Ashton approached me. Calum also had an amused expression on his face with a quirked eyebrow and I felt uncomfortable.

I shrugged.

"It wasn't really for you anyway" I told him casually and Ashton's brow furrowed.

"Then who was it fo-"

"Just fuck off please yeah? I don't even know you"

I struggled to not instantly take back my words the second they tumbled out of my mouth as Ashton's face contorted to one of hurt. I looked away out of the window before hearing Ashton's footsteps disappear. I instantly felt guilty. He didn't deserve that.

Calum let out a laugh.

"What a freak" he stated loud enough for Ashton to hear and I fake chuckled along with him.

Ashton slumped in his seat burying his head in his hands and guilt flooded through me. It took all of my strength to not go over to him and apologise.

 But I had a reputation to uphold, the minute people saw that you have a soft spot, they immediately start walking all over you and I wasn't prepared to allow that to happen especially not for someone who I had just met even if he was unbearably cute.

[A/N:] Hii guys! This chapter is kind of a filler but it all ties in to something huge in the next chapter, I hope you're excited!

Thank you so much if you read this, it means the world and you'd make my day if you voted.

I don't usually do this but 3 votes and I'll post the next chapter?

I love you all so much!! Byee (: