19. Fifth Letter

Taehyung

I just got out of the shower. With the phone in my hand, I keep on checking messages and emails just in case there's an emergency in the office. 7 am to 4 pm is my everyday office routine but I usually stay until 5 pm then go home.

Drying my hair with a towel, I took a peek at the window of my bedroom. I'm waiting for Yoongi to arrive. He's the only one I can trust regarding my personal agendas especially now that my dad is stressing me about money and stocks.

But instead of Yoongi, I saw Sam talking to the delivery boy. The delivery boy gave Sam a plastic container. I grabbed my eyeglass to see clearly, it's a slice of cake.

Sam went inside the house with the paper bag that I believe contains my daily dinner supply. But I am looking forward to the handwritten letter. Food is only second.

Sam left the delivery boy in the garden. His head keeps on turning, looking around the garden, and on the front door. Perhaps, he will run again once he sees me coming. His hands rubbing the straps of his bag and he keeps on checking on his shoes.

It's been a week now. I cannot remember if Sam or Yeonjun already mentioned the delivery boy's name. Maybe? I'm not sure. Maybe because I'm not really interested.

But I have to admit. The delivery boy is very good looking. His skin is clear and smooth looking. But he always looks tired and worried. I know I've been rude to him and guilt kept me awake last night.

Sam came and handed the boy a bag. Then after a moment, he throws himself to Sam, surprising me. I'm not sure what they are talking about but from my vantage point, I can tell that he's crying. Again.

They talk a bit more before he bid goodbye and went out of the gate. I closed the curtain and went downstairs on to the kitchen.

"Is my dinner there?" I asked, seeing Sam just went in the kitchen.

Sam smiled and placed the containers in front of me. I am surprised, Chim prepared my favorite food, homemade burger. The envelope neatly placed on the cover.

Chim's letter never fails to make me smile

Chim's letter never fails to make me smile. It's actually my hope after a day of stressful office work. I'm always excited to go home. Looking forward to the gift waiting for me.

"Why don't you write something in return?" I did expect that Sam will suggest something like that.

Resting my chin on my hand, I stared at the letter, smiling in my head. I can't believe a letter will have an effect on me. "Do you think it's okay?"

Sam sits across me and eats the cake the delivery boy gave him. "Why not? Just to say thank you for his effort. And I know you're starting to like Chim. Right?"

I chuckled. I don't know how to answer that. But it seems like it.

"Try this, it's good." Sam offered the cake.