37. Day Out

Taehyung

I watched as the bus moves far. I did not wait for it to be out of my sight. I turned away. I guess I needed to be thankful that even just for a moment, I saw how Jin smiled so genuinely. He knows how to appreciate the littlest things in life.

Perhaps, he doesn't know the meaning of the word envy or jealousy. His eyes are always gleaming with appreciation. He appreciates the things that aren't his. He's already contented just by looking at the things that he cannot buy. No hint of desire. And it hurts me even more now to know that I cannot have him. And now I question myself, why am I late?

"Mr. Kim?"

I turned around in a flash when I heard Jin's voice calling me. I thought I am hallucinating. He rode the bus. He shouldn't be here now. Am I really seeing things? Am I that desperate?

"I'm sorry. Did I disturb you?" He spoke again and I'm still dumbfounded. Standing straight and staring at Jin as if I just saw a ghost. "Are you going to meet Jimin?"

I shook my head. Finally, my soul went back to my body. "No, no. I'm actually heading at the parking lot. I thought you already went home?"

Jin chuckled. He then showed me a pen in his hand. "This is for you, Mr. Kim. I'm supposed to give you days before Christmas but I'm not sure when I am going to see you again so I hopped out of the bus so I can give this to you."

He looked shy while giving the pen to me. It's in the shade of green with my name painted on its body. I honestly do not know how to react. I've received a lot of gifts before. The house and lot where I am currently living was a gift from my mom. But why does a simple pen hits so hard?

"I'm sorry if I wasn't able to put it in a gift bag. I just rushed to give it and..." He pulled out another one. "This one is for Sam. I'm sorry if I need to ask for a favor but can you please give it to him?"

"Of course." I gripped on the pen tightly. It may sound weird or impossible but this is the best I've received so far. Aside from the letters that I've been keeping in my home. "Jin, thank you so much. I will say it again, you're so sweet."

He smiled shyly and he blushed a little. "Welcome." He looked at me while swaying back and forth. He's so adorable. I can't find any more adjectives to describe him. Or even the right adjectives to describe how beautiful he is from the inside.

"I'll go now Mr. Kim. And have a nice day."

He's about to walk away but my reflexes told me not to let him go. I grabbed him on his elbow, surprising him. He stared at my hand then to my face.

"Maybe you want to eat with me? Snacks? Coffee? Whatever you want."

He looks on the side then on his feet. I hate it but I think I'll go mad if he will refuse my invitation.

"Like what you've said, we don't know when will be meeting again. I'll always visit the restobar but I'm not sure if we can talk like this." I think I just said all the stupid things. I took a deep breath. "Please?"

Oh yes. He's on a budget. That's why he can't say yes.

"All mine." I smiled widely at him.

He smiled like a kid. Like a kid being bribed with ice cream.

"So what is your favorite restaurant?" I asked.

He bit his lower lip and looked up. "It's a small restaurant. It's not airconditioned. I don't think you will like it there. And your outfit does not fit in that kind of environment."

I chuckled at how cute his reasonings are. "It's okay. Wherever you feel most comfortable."

A naughty smile formed in his face. I think he thought of something unusual. "Are you sure you want to try something new?"