Mother and Child Reunion: 2

Outfit:

Paytons Pov:

Paytons Pov:

"So have you made up your mind?" Manny asked Emma over the phone. I was currently lying on Manny's bed flicking through a magazine. I was really hoping Emma isn't going to meet up with Jordan because I don't trust him one bit.
"Really I'm so relieved." Manny said giving me a big smile and a thumbs up.
"Yeah so wanna come over. Payton's here and she can do our nails?" She asked.
"We could help you research." Manny said and I shuck my head no to whatever research it is. I don't care what research but knowing Emma it would have to do something with the environment and as much as I love it. I'm not researching.
"Oh okay." Manny said sadly putting the phone down.
"What she say?" I asked her.
"She said she was watching this wildlife thing on tv." She replied and looked at her confused there's no wildlife thing on tv tonight.
"Manny there's no wildlife thing on tv tonight." I told her.
"How do you know?"
"Cause I checked to see if we could cheer her up if she decided not to go."
Me and Manny gave each other a look.
She lied.

❀❀❀

Me and Manny went to the one place we could think of. Toby's.
"Toby you have some visitors." Toby's dad shouted letting us in.
"Manny, Pay what's up?" JT asked us putting on some silly glasses. Me and Manny scoffed.
"We've got a bad feeling." Manny said to the boys as we sat down.
"We went by Emma's, not there. We tried her cell, didn't pick up." I said to them.
"So?" JT asked confused.
"So she said she was staying home tonight to watch a show on wildlife refuge, it's not on we checked." Manny said.
"Well she didn't go meet that Jordan guy did she?" Toby asked.
"I have know idea she was acting really weird." Manny said to Toby.
"So this girl from BC she meets this guy online they hit it off, she goes to meet him, three days later they find her dead like in pieces." Toby said and me and Manny looked at each other worriedly.
"That was some psycho Emma's way too smart for that she gets like practically straight A's." JT said from next to me.
"Doesn't matter this isn't school. And what if Jordan isn't 16 which he probably isn't. Tell me how's Emma gonna fight off some 30 year old dude." I said.
"Where would they go?" Toby asked.
"Well we can't call her." Manny said.
"We can't read her email." JT said.
"Why not?" Toby question a grin forming on his face.

❀❀❀

We all stood around Toby's computer trying to get into Emma's email.
"What's her mum's maiden name?" Toby asked.
"Nelson, same as Emma's." I replied.
"Okay that's not it. Does she have a dog, a fish anything?" Toby asked and we all shook our heads. "Ah here we go. Secret question what's mum's favourite rock band?"
"There picture of her mum, what's her t-shirt say?" Toby asked squinting at the picture.
"Who are the Pogues?" JT asked.
"Come on you guys Emma wouldn't make her password that easy." Manny said in a matter of a fact tone.
Toby clicked enter and it went straight to Emma's emails.
"If I can do it so can Jordan. Sorry Emma we're going in." Toby said searching for Jordan's name.
"I don't get it." Manny said.
"Me either." I said agreeing with her.
"See look here you and Emma read chicken run, the next day she mentions it in an email to you." Toby said to Manny.
"So?" She questioned.
"Jordan's next email." Toby pointed at the screen.
"He likes chicken run too big deal?" JT says.
"Yeah just cause he wrote it doesn't mean he hacked her email." I said.
"Yeah a coincidence right but the next day Emma emails you some garbage about how great fresh air is, Jordan's next email." Toby again pointed at the screen.
"I love hiking being out in the fresh air makes me feel so free." Manny read of the computer.
"Emma writes to you or to anyone he echoes it back to her." Toby says.
"He's not looking into her soul, he's reading her email." I said in a sad voice knowing Emma was in danger.
We we're searching through the emails trying to find Emma's address.
"There his last message he's at Bartley Valley room 1409." Toby said and we all got up and ran to find Emma's mum. Which was easy since she was at the school.
We ran into the school and heard the music playing in the gym and we quickly ran to it. When we got there we saw her dancing with Mr. Simpson.
"Miss Nelson!" We all yelled and ran over to her.
"Guys what's up?" She asked us.
And then we all started talking and we told them everything.
We ran out of the building.
"You guys go home I'll call your parents." Miss Nelson said as she got in the car with Mr. Simpson and driving off and we looked at each other before walking home.

❀❀❀

Authors note:

Hoped you liked it.

Question for you:
- do you prefer Emma or Manny?