Cabaret

Payton's pov:

Outfit:

"It's a poetic dance on an environmental theme, Sean, you'll love it," Emma told Sean as he was on the computer

Manny and Emma want to do some dance for the cabaret and they wanted Sean to be the hunter or something which is ridiculous Sean is never gonna say yes.
"I don't dance," Sean said bluntly.
Told you.
"You don't have to dance Manny and I will dance I just want you to be the hunter," Emma says trying to get him to agree but knowing Sean he won't budge.
"I don't wear leotards."
"We don't wear leotards just black like panthers in honor of our basketball team," Manny tells him.
"And because they're endangered in our piece were gunned down by a hunter it has a strong message," Emma says.
"I don't hunt," Sean says frustrated as the bell rings and he walks away.
"I can't believe Sean won't do it, it's gonna be so good. The audience will be entertained and learn something in the process." Emma says as we walk out of class.
"I can't believe you thought he would do it," I say earning a glare from Emma. "What this is Sean we're talking about he's not going to do it even I could've told you that."
"Leotards and learning don't go together. Leotards and laughter do." Jt says coming up from beside us.
"You're so primitive," Emma says.
"Who are we going to get to play the hunter," Manny says. "Pay how about you?"
"Let me think about that. Not a chance." I say giving them a smile.
It's not that I don't love Emma and Manny I do it's just I don't do on-stage performances.
"I'll do it," Toby says and we all spin around to look at him.
"What."
"Really. Toby, you're the best." Emma tells him.
"I do what I can," Toby says.
"We rehearse after school in the gym."
"See you there."
And with that me, Emma and Manny walk away.

❀❀❀

"What do you think about adding a jeté. Something like this." Manny says as she goes to do the move but lands on her ankle and falls over.
"Manny. Oh my god, are you ok." I ask her as I kneel down next to her.
"Can you stand on it?" Ashley asks from beside me.
"It's already starting to swell. We should probably take you to the nurse." Emma says.
"I can't believe this how am I supposed to dance. How am I going to be a panther." Manny says as me and Emma help her off the floor.
"It's ok, let's just get you to the nurse before it gets worse," I tell her as she leans on me for support.

❀❀❀

"All we have to do is adjust the dancing and tone it down a bit. Manny can be the hunter." Emma says as we walk out of class. Manny has twisted her ankle and now can't do the dance.
"I don't know Em, I'm not exactly the best dancer," Toby tells her.
"I think it's a great idea, really I can't wait to see it performed," Jt says from beside us.
"Yeh, I can't wait to see Toby get his panther on," I say me and Jt laughing together at the fact that Toby even thinks about doing the dance for Emma.
"Playing the hunter is one thing but dancing," Toby says walking backward.
"You're the only one who's been to every rehearsal," Emma says.
"You know the part," Manny says.
"Of the hunter. Why can't we just have two hunters and one panther? Or get Payton to play the other panther." Toby says pointing at me.
"I can't," I say.
"Why not?" Jt asks me and they all look at me.
"I don't do stages," I tell them.
"So stage fright," Jt says laughing at me so I punch his arm.
"Stop it's not funny," I tell him with a scowl on my face.
"Just forget it. I'll go tell Liberty we're not going on." Emma says sadly and we begin to walk away.
"Fine I'll do it but I'm not wearing a leotard," Toby says and we turn back around.
"You don't have to. Toby thank you, I mean it." Emma says as me, her and Manny walk away.

❀❀❀

"Welcome to lunchtime cabaret, I expect you'll handle yourselves appropriately. So without further ado please welcome our first act a dance piece entitled 'endangered'" Liberty says as she stands on the stage in a tuxedo and top hat.
We all clap as the dance begins but not too long in they mess up and people begin to laugh and talk.
"Hey shut up, let them dance," Sean shouts standing up from next to me and I smile at him and I see Emma smile at him from the stage as well.

❀❀❀

Authors Note:

Vote,
Comment,
Save,
Follow,

Sorry, I couldn't fit Paris in she didn't really fit anywhere.

Word Count: 830