Family Politics

Payton's Pov:

Outfit:

Me, Manny and Emma we're walking into school and Manny was freaking out

"Manny there's nothing to be afraid of." Emma said to her as we walked in.
"Nothing but the grade 8s." Manny replied.
"They're only a year older thank us." I told her.
"Yeah a whole year to make up ways to make us suffer." Manny said.
"Isn't your sister a grade 8?" I asked confused.
"Yeah, so?" Manny responded.
"So she won't let anything happen to you." I told her.
"Yeh I guess."
Emma dropped her stuff on the floor and went to pick it up, when a foot stomped on it and we look to see to guys standing there clearly grade 8s.
"Hall passes." He said holding out his hand.
"What?" Emma asked.
"You're not allowed on school property without a hall pass." He replied.
"But we didn't get one?" Emma said confused.
"Then you're all gonna have to leave." He said him and his friend stepping forward.
"But we can't it's the first day of school." Manny said as the two boys shared a look and started laughing.
"Grade sevens are such geeks." He said as they both walk off and Emma picked up her stuff.
"She didn't stop that." She told me.
"Manny she's not even here yet." I told her and rolled my eyes.
We walked off to meet up with Toby and JT. I zoned out looking in the room which was really cool.
"Hey guys sorry I'm late, hey Em. Okay here we go." Mr. Simpson said as he opened the door. "All right just choose your own seats for the time being." He said as we all chose our seats.
"Welcome to Degrassi Community School. I'm Mr. Simpson I'm your home room and media immersion teacher and I got to say you guys really lucked out I mean it this is by far the coolest home room in the entire school." He said introducing himself.
Then I tuned everything out since I'm not that bothered.

❀❀❀

Paris's Pov:
Outfit:

"Some if you I know already and a few of you are new faces altogether

"Some if you I know already and a few of you are new faces altogether." Miss Kwan said, "Welcome, Gavin Reginald Mason." The teacher said to one of my best friends.
"I prefer Spinner." He told her.
"This year am I gonna have to give you what was it another fourteen detentions?" She questioned him.
"Not if you don't want to." He replied and she shook her head and walked away. Me and Jimmy my other best friend just laughed at him.
"Okay learning and good grades are all very important here at degrassi but so is getting involved in the school." She told us standing at the front.
Paige raised her hand and said, "that's why I'm starting a spirit squad this year Miss Kwan we so need one." She told us. Paige is a good friend of mine but I can't stand cheerleaders and all there perkiness. Me I'm more into basketball.
"Great Paige it's so industrious if you and speaking of industrious Ashley." She said looking round the room for Ashley.
"Yes." She replied.
"Your first day of school and you already have a professional campaign underway excellent start."
"Thank you." Ashley replied as the bell went off. Ashley is another friend of mine not close but a good friend, she's dating Jimmy so she's around me a lot of the time anyway.

❀❀❀

Payton's Pov:

"See Manny this isn't so bad is it?" Emma questioned as we walked out of the class.
"As long as we don't run into that jerk again." Manny said and I laughed and turned my head to see a poster on the wall i then stop Toby.
"Isn't that your stepsister?" I asked him.
"She's not my stepsister I just happen to be stuck in a forced living arrangement." Toby said complaining. Wow he really doesn't liked her.
"Well I think she's pretty." Manny said staring at her picture.
"Ashley hates that I live in her house and she hates that I go to her school which cause obviously never heard of democracy." Toby says to us.
"What are you talking about?" Emma asked him.
"This election no ones even running against her she's a shoe in."
"Why don't you run?" Emma asked him.
"Cuz it provoke a rupture in our fragile family dynamic. It's family counselling speak for my dad would kill me."
"So get someone else to run." Manny said walking away, me and Emma following behind her.

❀❀❀

Paris's Pov:

I waited with Ashley for Jimmy and Spinner to bring JT in.
After a couple minutes they finally came in.
"Thanks that's all for now." Ashley told the two and they walked out.
"What's going on?" JT asked.
"Here's the deal you quit the race for school president and I give you 50 bucks." She told him.
"50 bucks."
"5,0," she tells him and he shrugs his shoulders and starts to turn around.
"Ok, 60." She said upping the price.
"You see I jump at that but I've got this older brother he just lost the race for school." He was cut of by Ashley upping the price again.
"65."
"My parents were shattered they had to go on Prozac I can't put them through that again." He carried on his story. I rolled my eyes fed up. I span him round and put my hands on his shoulders.
"80 bucks take it or leave it." I told him giving him a death glare to take the money.
"80 is good he said looking at me as I took my hands of his shoulders.
"Glad to hear it but for that amount I want a show I want you to quit in front of the whole school." Ashley spoke up making him turn around to look at her again.
"At assembly? Cool I still get to say my speech." He said smiling.
Ashley got her money out to give to him. 
"Half now, the rest after." She told him giving him the 40 bucks. 
"It was a pleasure doing business with you Ms. President." He told her putting his hand out shake but she just looked at it.
"I'll go now." He said grabbing his bag and walking out.
"Sorry about upping the price to 80 you were getting now." I told her.
"Don't worry about it. I really appreciate it. Anything to get that dweeb out of the race." She said laughing.
"Here's 40 to give to him after." I told her handing her 40.
"No please it's fine, besides I get something out of paying you don't." She told me laughing me joining in as we left the room.

❀❀❀

I was walking down the hallway when I saw Manny crying, I quickly rushed over to her.
"Hey are you alright?" I asked her but she didn't respond. I looked at Emma and Payton who were stood next to her.
"He hit her with a spit ball." Payton said motioning to Spinner. I looked up at him glaring.
"Why do you even care Paris she's just a grade 7?" He asked me.
"Well this grade 7 is my sister." I told him as my arm wrapped Manny in for a hug.
"Oh." His eyes went wide and he quickly ran away.
"Ok he's gone." I told her. I knew she was fake crying she does it on our brother to make him feel bad. She pulled her head up and looked at me and smiled.
"I'm so proud of you." I told her giving her a high five, "now if you don't mind I'll be going to find someone and possibly hurt them." I told them laughing and walking away to find Spinner. No one messes with my family.

❀❀❀

I finally found him after the election which Ashley won obviously with my great bribing skills. He was sat on a bench out side of school and I sat next to him, he immediately went to run but I stopped him.
"Chill I'm not gonna hurt you." I told him. He sat back down slowly.
"Your not?" He asked hesitantly.
"Nope, not worth the effort since she wasn't actually crying." I told him.
"Oh."
"Yeh guilt trip she does it all the time to our brother." I told him as he nodded his head, "walk me home?" I asked.
And he stood up and put his hand out which I took and stood up as we walked home.

❀❀❀

Authors note:

Hoped you enjoyed.

Question for you.
- what do you think of Paris being Manny's sister?