18

Click. Click. Click.

Flash.

The cameras were going off in the background as I examined my new camera.

No stickers.

I frowned to myself. Mr. Kim handed me the camera earlier saying since the last one broke, I couldn't keep this permanently. It was the company's and the company's only. Thus no stickers.

I wish I could put stickers on it like the last one.

The boys were posing in the corner of my eye. Their next photos were set in a playground setting. Well. It looked more like giant colorful straws that swirled all around them.

"Bo-Ra! Look I'm stuck!" he waved at me. Jimin was laughing as he sat inside a red coil spring looking like a bunny trapped in a cage.

"Ahh. Is my poor little Jimin trapped?" I laughed at his cuteness.

Buzzing.

My bag wanted my attention.

Mi-so?

I walked outside the warehouse into the cold air. I breathed out and out came a mist and I felt the pins and needles on my face.

"Hi, Mi-so."

"Hello, my little sister!"

"How are you? I know I haven't been able to come to visit and-"

"Don't worry. Hearing your voice is good enough for me. Well, I'm alright. I've been writing letters."

"Letters?"

"Yes. One for every birthday of Jae Chan. One for every Christmas. Every Mother's Day. A few for New Years. If future me can't be there, past me can."

I could tell she was smiling.

Her time on this earth is almost over and she's smiling? I could never be her...

"Bo-Ra! Also, Hong Joo told me about your little nightmare problem."

I mentally groaned and hung my head down, stuffing my hands into my pockets.

"Don't worry about them. They're just," I blanked and couldn't think.

"Bo-Ra," she sighed out loud, "the last time you had nightmares this bad was when she left. I don't think you remember much of it but you did."

My childhood memories from that time were a blur but that one memory was clear. Her walking away from us in the cold night for reasons I did not know. Reasons I still do not know. At least the real reasons. But something about her calm voice made me feel like everything was right in the world even though in reality it had already crumbled around me, laughing at my face while I tried to pick up the pieces.

"Bo-Ra?" she snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Ya?" I cleared my throat.

"Will you be alright? Thinking about you going through what you did then, I don't want to see that happen again," her voice echoed in my head as I gripped my sleeve.

"I know. Don't worry I'll be fine."

I'll be fine. I'll be fine.

"Well, I'm gonna go back to writing my letters. I'll be sure to write down recipes of Jae Chan's favorites too."

"Alright. Thank youuuuu."

"Byeee."

A cheerful goodbye and yet my face was wet. There were tears leaking out of my eyes slipping and sliding against the blush I had put on in the morning. I tried wiping them away but I was losing.

Bo-Ra stop crying.

Stop it.

Stop it.

Stop it!

Stop-

My thoughts corrupted my head causing me to ignore who was right next to me.

Jin.

He stopped in his tracks with his head facing me with his brows furrowed.

"Oh- hey Jin," I tried wiping my tears away with my sleeve trying to erase what just happened.

But you can't erase history.

"I-is everything alright?" he walked closer to me reaching out to touch my shoulder.

I didn't answer. If I answered, it would have been an outburst of tears. But that didn't seem the case. But then he rested his hand on my shoulder and all hell broke loose. It was a trigger to release a waterfall, the start of a breakdown.

"Bo-Ra. Hey come here," he pulled me into his arms wrapping me up, his arms like a blanket. My face was engulfed in the sleeves of his coat and my nose picked up the beautiful scent of his.

Warm and comforting.

I sniffled, crying in his shoulder and didn't stop. He lifted my chin cupping my cheek in his hand.

"What's wrong?" he tried to look me in the eyes. Eyes that were red and tired.

"I-it's nothing," I sniffled my way through my words.

"Please just talk to me. Where's our usual bright Bo-Ra? Huh?" his hand cuffed around shoulder making eye contact with me.

"I-I'm just. I just wish I could magically make everything better."

He brushed a streak of hair behind my ear.

"It hurts to see you like this. I understand what it feels like when the world refuses to put you on the winning side. But please don't suffer alone," he spoke softly wiping my last final tear away.

My breathing settled but his hands settled still around arms.

"I'm sorry," I whispered.

"Stop apologizing," he stared at me, eyes wide open, "please."

His grip loosened around me and we stood there silently waiting. Yet we didn't know what we were waiting for. Then there were steps coming from the warehouse doors, I pushed him back a little bit but his hands still brushed my sleeves. The rest of the boys had come out finished with their photos wrapped in their coats hats on their heads.

"Bo-Ra. Is everything alright?" Taehyung turned his head towards us.

Jin and I stared at each other unsure of what to say.

Jimin then ambushed me, wrapping me in a hug.

"Whatever it is, it's okay," his head squished next to mine as I caught a waft of the strong scent of his cologne.

"Group hug!" HoSeok blurted and proceeded to run towards us.

"Come on Yoongi," Namjoon pulled on his arm.

Seven boys surrounded me squishing me under a weight of love. Seven friends and a broken heart now partly healed. It felt like a dream... like a family.

--

This one was a short one but groups hugs are always nice.

-xoxo HER the muse