40: The Epilogue

5 years later

"You may kiss the bride."

And with that Yoongi swept Hong Joo in his arms, flashed a gummy smile, and collided his lips with hers. We all cheered and whistled for them with all our might. I'd been waiting for this moment for so long.

Once things settled down and they both could breathe, Yoongi finally proposed. I couldn't blame him though. Coming back from enlistment ain't easy. A whole flip in your life, back to normalcy. But I did find it funny how once Jin got back, he proposed pretty quickly. He said waiting a year and a half to say those words was long enough.

"Will you marry me?"

The past few years had been a tad crazy. After finishing up their recent album and their tour, the older hyungs went off to enlist. Only a few months later, the rest of the boys went.

It was a somber time. Not having them crashing into my house asking me to cook something for them created a small hole in my heart. Not having Jin teasing me with his dad jokes and snuggling me up against his broad shoulders made it even deeper and more fatal. Even Jae Chan kept asking when they'd come back practically every day.

"Soon," I'd say.

In all honesty, even sometimes I questioned my own words. Soon had felt like an eternity.

But the day they came back by banging on my front door, I couldn't help but squeal. My days got happier and so did my workload. They got back to work with a new album, comeback, and tour. They missed being with the people they loved and doing what they loved. The moment they reunited they were all crying in a group hug. It looked as if they weren't gonna ever let each other go. My heart was whole again seeing them together but it also pained me, the thought of them being all separated like that. Seven people who loved one another split up from one another, seven pieces of a whole family thrown in different places.

But now things were put back in place. Their hearts were back where they belonged and mine was full again. Even more so when Jin proposed to me in my kitchen after cooking dinner for me. Simple and sweet.

I drifted my eyes across the big hall where the reception was taking place. It was big and covered in bouquets of violets and smeraldos and white table cloths.

"Kinda reminds me of our wedding, don't you think?" I turned to Jin was sitting next to me. "Kinda. Though I don't really remember those details."

"Really?" I asked him tilting my head. He turned to me with a big smirk on his face before leaning in closer speaking in his deep and quiet voice, "I do remember the first night of our honeymoon though."

My face flushed red and I lightly smacked him on his arm trying to laugh it off, "Yah. Don't say those things in public Jin."

His smirk morphed into a soft smile and he laughed before speaking again, "I'm just kidding. Marrying you was the best day of my life. Of course I remember everything." His eyes curved into his smile and he pecked me on my lips. My heart throbbed at how much I loved him. My best friend and my partner in crime.

Mi-so was right when she said he was a keeper.

"Jae Chan!" Jimin and Jungkook yelled running up to the chair next to me and hugged Jae Chan, "Congrats on graduating elementary school!"

"Our boy's growing up so fast," Jungkook whipped a fake tear from his face acting as if he was in a drama, "Any day now he's gonna be taller than you Jimin." Jin and I couldn't keep in our laughs and began chuckling while Jimin whined and slapped Jungkook on the back of his head.

"Thanks, Uncle Jimin and Jungkook!" he jumped out of his chair before coming towards me and Jin. "Noona. Uncle Jin. Can I go dance?"

"You don't have to ask us Jae Chan. Go with your uncles."