five

NOT AN UPDATE, I just merged 5 and 6 together cuz I felt like it would be better as a chapter, thanks for reading.

"Um Caleb, I am going to be...going out of town...oh for how long you ask? That's funny, um...nearly a year?" I rehearse in front of my mirror. I watch myself fiddle with my fingers in front of me.

"No no no no no!" I yell out, running my fingers through my hair. I groan and sit on the bed, sighing into my hands.

"Caleb, this is going to be hard to say, but I am going on tour with a famous band, you know the one my best friend is in?" I mutter to myself.

"No, fuck no!" I groan loudly, picking up my phone. What's the worst that could happen if I tell him the truth? Oh I dunno he could lock me in a cellar forever, never let me see the light of day ever again.

"I could...distract him!" I say sitting up before slouching back down and opening Instagram. I scroll through my feed, procrastinating calling Caleb and telling him he won't see me for almost a year because I am going to be chilling with four boys who happen to be famous.

I close out of the app and stare at his contact, biting my lip. There's no way I am doing it in person, I should just run away to Luke's as soon as I tell him, that way, he can't lock me in a cellar.

"Kissy kissy kissy," I sing as the phone rings, laughing to myself at my weak attempt to keep my mind off of the whole telling Caleb thing. His voice enters my ear and I am suddenly regretting all my life decisions I have ever made.

"Um hey Caleb, I have some good news," I almost whisper, fidgeting with the fray of my jeans with my free hand.

"So..what is it? I'm in the middle of something," he grunts, I sigh softly.

"IgotanewjobandIhavetoleave," I say as fast as I can, hoping he will get it so I can get this over with.

"What?" He asks. "You are a woman, not a child, act like it," he scolds.

"I got a new job, and I have to leave for it..." I trail off, repeating my words from before slower.

"What?! No! You are not leaving!" he yells, I hold my breath and put the phone on speaker, pulling it away from my ear. Not wanting my eardrums any more broken then they already are.

"Caleb...this will be good for me, when I get home, I would be able to pay for a lot more, maybe buy that dress you want me to get," I try to reason, cringing at the thought of the skimpy dress he told me I should buy.

"That doesn't mean I want you to leave!" He snaps back.

"I have to Caleb, and if you can't see that then we have to break up," I say, clinging onto my words.

"No you are not, I am coming over," he huffs, I hear shuffling as he hangs up.

Shit. I hurry to my closet and grab my duffle bag from the top corner. I cuss under my breath a few more times, grabbing as much as I can and shoving it in. I leave my heels, but take a few dresses, just in case. I grab my backpack and run into my bathroom, shoving as much as I can of my bathroom supplies in it.

I pull on my black high tops as my phone buzzes. I'm pulling in. I squeak and swing my bag over my shoulder, huffing as I grab the duffle, and run out, to the stairs on the opposite side of where he normally comes up.

"Shit," I curse as I hear him coming up the other stairs. I jump into the indent in the wall caused by my downstairs neighbors door. I squeezed my eyes shut and breathed through my nose as I heard him grumble something about his bitch of a girlfriend only thinking of herself.