nine

I wake up the next morning and roll over in my bed only to be met by Luke sitting sitting on the other side of the bed.

"You left your room card in my room last night," he waves it in my face. I groan and cover my face with my arm.

"So why are you in here?"

"Cause you need to dye my hair." He deadpans, pulling the blankets off me.

"Luke..." I groan. He scoffs and pulls on my arm, successfully getting me out of bed.

I end up wearing a black skater skirt that reaches mid thigh, a white shirt, the leather jacket Luke bought me for my most recent birthday, and my high tops.

"Where are we going?" Luke groans as he trudges behind me.

"We need dye," I scoff as we go into the weird beauty store at the mall with weird writing over it. I only went in cause it had pictures of girls faces in the window with colored hair and makeup caked faces.

"Fine," he sighs. I roll my eyes and we head into the store.

"Pick out a few colors and I'll help decide," I say. He nods and disappears in the isles.

He returns ten minutes later with a blue, a seaweed green, black, and really blond, almost white. I take them out of his hands and hold them up next to his eyes.

"I think the black or the blond, but Ashton's hair is black," I say handing him all the dyes.

"Yeah, let's go blond."

I lead him back down the isles and get the level 75 developer, and the bleach stuff, and he explains that they have the tools already. Then I told him I brought my own.

He rolls his eyes and pays without a doubt, and I let him because it's his hair, his dye.

"Let's get you some new stuff," Luke bumps his hip on mine.

"I don't have money," I scoff.

"I do," Luke smirks.

"Luke-"

"I have money," he repeats, cutting me off. I huff and adjust my jacket as he pulls me by my hand.

"Luke, nooo" I whine.

"Fine," he huffs. "Why won't you ever let me buy anything for you?" He asks, I sigh and sit down next to him on the bench.

a"I dunno," I huff, sitting next to him.

"It's Caleb huh?"

"Luke-"

"No Brelynne, you need to stop caring about what he thinks, he is so damn bad for you and you need to stop listening to him! He is just trying to get you to fit his image of his perfect girl when you are a perfect girl and don't need to be changed! I am positive Ashton likes you! You are his perfect girl and I have seen the way he acts around you! I am his best friend and I know he is perfect for you!"

"I don't know what to say..." I trail off after a second.

"Lets just go," he says. I nod and get up following him out of the big mall. The car ride home is quiet, not uncomfortable, but not comfortable either.

"Shirt off," I instruct Luke, when we get into the bathroom. He listens and takes it off as I begin to mix the developer and bleach.

"If I get this on your skin, it'll just itch, nothing a shower can't fix, but if I get it on your shirt, it'll be ruined forever," I inform him.

"I guess I can deal with the itch," he shrugs.

"Ok, I'll try not to get it on you, I don't have any capes so..." I trail off. He just shrugs and I shrug too before putting my hair up, putting the gloves on, and using my fingers and a brush to paint the bleach mixture on his hair and wrapping it in tin foil.

"I like someone from Harry Potter," Luke says, furrowing his brows.

"Who?" Calum asks who had joined us halfway through the process.

"I dunno," he shrugs. We all laugh and I tell Luke to wait for his hair to be done.

Once it's finished I take out the foil and he showers, washing the bleach off and when he sits back down he gasps.

"Let's cut it!" He practically yells.

"Ok," I say before asking, "How short?"

"Whatever you think looks best."

I shrug and begin to trim his hair, using the comb and the silver scissors. Once I'm finished with that I put in the die and we wait again before he washes it out.

" Yo," Calum laughs once I finish drying and styling his hair. "You look so different, the fans will go ballistic," Calum laughs.

"I remember how mad they were when you shaved your curls off, I still get DMS about making you grow them out," Luke laughs. I laugh too and clean up as the boys engage in a conversation.

"Woah," Michael says as we enter his hotel room where he and the others are hanging out.

"You did this?!" Ashton exclaims.

"Um yeah I guess so," I shrug.

"Talent, pure talent," he shakes his head, looking Luke over. "It normally takes years and years for something as ugly as Luke to become this good looking," he pulls at one of Luke's curls.

"Rude," Luke scoffs, sitting down on the floor, cross legged. I sit on the bed next to Sierra.

"Hey scoot over I need some more room," she nudges me. I nod and scoot over closer to Ashton.

"A little more."

I shrug and scoot over a bit, so I am almost right next to the hazel eyed man child. Crystal laughs from across from us on Mikes lap and shoots me a wink and Sierra giggles.

I roll my eyes at my new friends as Sierra nudges me a bit more.

"You have enough room," I complain, pointing to the empty space next to her.

"Yeah but Luke and Cal need room," she explains, making excuses. I scoff but scoot over just a bit more so Luke and Calum can sit next to us in the circle like thing we are sitting in. Ashton leans back, stretching his arms before wrapping an arm around my shoulder before engaging in a conversation with Andy.

Luke winks at me and shimmies his shoulders and I realize Ashton is doing this without thinking, he doesn't even realize that he's doing this. I blush and then Taylor realizes what is happening before she starts to laugh.

I shoot her a glare but soon everyone starts laughing and Ashton looks around confused before he realizes what's going on. He withdraws his arm and looks at his hands, his black hair falling in his face.

"I think they like each other," Luke whispers to Calum loud enough for everyone to hear. I throw a bobby pin I had in my pocket at him and blush deeper.

"Stop Luke!" I groan. Ashton lets out a light and nervous giggle.

"Fine, I won't tease the lovebirds," he scoffs. I roll my eyes.

"Not lovebirds, I have a boyfriend," I state.

"Wait what?" Ashton looks up immediately.

"He is so bad for you though," Luke ignores Ashton.

"You have a boyfriend?" Ashton asks me.

"Um, yeah..." I trail off.

"Oh," he looks at his hands and plays with his fingers.

"Well I am going to go update him, speaking of him," I sigh, getting up, everyone choruses in goodbyes while Ashton stays silent.

I leave and go to my bedroom before sitting on my bed and running a hand through my hair. Maybe I should break up with Caleb, after all I am halfway across the world so he can't get to me.

I pull out my phone and stare at Caleb's contact before groaning and tossing my phone on the bed. I curl my knees to my chest and try my best to drift away from reality.