eight

"Bre...Brelynne...wake up."

I groan and roll over to see my blond best friend, in basketball shorts and no top.

"It's time to go to the airport," he whispers. I nod and yawn inwardly before checking my phone. One new text from Caleb. Weird.

Wtf Brelynne?? I went to your apartment, what is all this shit about you moving out?? 

I huff and respond quickly to the text. I'm not telling him where I'm going and he's going to have to deal with long distance. We've been dating for three years, we'll make it work. I text him back  quickly.

I climb out of bed and stretch, before grabbing my yoga pants and pale pink cropped hoodie. I grab my black backpack and stuff my sketchbook and pencils, phone, charger, and earbuds. Then I debate against it and put my phone and put it in the pocket of my yoga pants.

I frown at my reflection in the mirror and turn to the side, sighing.

"You look good," A voice stirs me away from my thoughts. I look up and see Ashton standing in the doorway of the bathroom, dressed in sweats and a 5SOS hoodie. "You don't need to be insecure," he shrugs.

"Oh-um thanks," I say awkwardly, pulling at one of the loose waves in my hair. I pull hair tie from my bathroom bag and put my hair up in a loose bun before zipping up the bag.

"I just wanted to apologize for uh...yesterday," Ashton breathes out. "I hope it doesn't make things awkward."

"No, no, its cool," I say turning back to the side and pulling up the waistband of my yoga pants, before focusing on my brown roots beginning to show.

"Ok good, we're good?" he asks, raising a brow.

"Yeah," I say, looking away from the mirror before changing my mind about what I'm wearing. I pass Ashton in my room and pull on my Vans.

"Alright good," he smiles as I put my bathroom bag in my suitcase.

Ashton picks up my two bigger bag with ease and all I have to carry is my two backpacks.

"Its oka-"

"I don't care, lemme carry this," he smiles. Caleb wouldn't do that. He'd make me do it.

I follow him out and draft a text to Caleb before he starts a war. I'm going for that job I told you about, long distance will work

Suddenly I feel nervous, mostly because I never did anything without Caleb's permission. I rub my palms together as Ashton and I enter the living room.

"Why are you nervous?" Luke furrows his eyebrows when he sees me. Sierra is leaning against his chest, half awake.

"What?"

"You're rubbing your palms together, you do that when your nervous."

Curse Luke for knowing me so well.

"Its nothing," I smile reassuringly. Luke doesn't look reassured.

My phone buzzes over and over and I start to wonder why I unblocked Caleb. I finally turn it off completely and Calum and Michael arrive.

"Let's go," Luke huffs out, crossing his arms. He's definitely tired.

He pets Petunia goodbye and kisses the top of her head a few times. He pulls her into a hug and coos into her ear. Cute.

We leave the house where an Uber is waiting, thankfully a truck. With all our baggage in the bed of the truck its almost full to the brim.

"How are all of us going to fit? There's seven of us," Crystal points out, grabbing Michael's hand and intertwining their fingers.