112

SOLANDRA

" Sweetie, the food's ready." I heard mom knocked again for the nth time this morning. I groaned and rolled over my bed. I glanced at my alarm clock. It was ten in the morning.

Just great.

I stood up and went to the vanity mirror. My hair was a mess and my eyes were a bit swollen, just an evidence that I cried last night.

I sighed as I brushed my hair. I stared at the mirror for the last time before I went to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and washed my face.

It's been hell. Three days of not talking to Archi is like putting myself in a deep sorrow.

Alam kong kailangan ko siyang makausap. I just don't have the courage to do it because I am afraid that I wasn't in his plans at all.

I still remember him saying that we'd take the NMAT together and enter the same med school. The memory's still vivid in my mind.

" Sweetie..." Mom called softly. Bahagya akong lumingon nang marinig ang mahinang pag-click ng doorknob.

I didn't exactly locked my door but Mom was so respective not to disturb me. I was crying. I had been crying for three days just for the reason that Archi didn't tell me at all.

" Bathroom..." I said weakly, my voice getting hoarse. I hanged the face towel on the rack before I stepped out of the bathroom. Mom was sitting on my bed and I observed that the bed was already made.

" Good morning, Mom."

Nanlambot ang tingin niya sa akin. There was a small smile plastered on her lips.

" Come here..." she gestured her hand.

I obliged and sat beside her on my bed.

" You've been crying. Is it about Archi?" she asked gently.

Tumango ako at hindi nagsalita. I felt her fingers combing my hair. Humilig ako sa kaniyang balikat.

" I am just disappointed, Mom. He could've told me. I could've understand but he chose to caught me off guard."

" Sweetie, Archi must have his reasons."

" Patch told me so. But what could've have been his reasons?"

" Maybe he just didn't want you to think he'll be leaving you. Baka takot rin naman siyang iwan ka and he's also contemplating whether to accept the offer or not. He doesn't have a final decision. He's still thinking."

" Do you think it's enough reason?"

" Maybe. It's up to you. Iba-iba kasi tayo ng pananaw, Anak. My opinion shouldn't affect yours. You should weigh everything. Think about the consequences."

" I don't want him to leave." I trailed, tears starting to form at the corner of my eyes.

" But if it's for the better?"

" Am I not the best, then?" I countered.

I know I was being irrational. Maybe it's the emotions speaking. Pero bakit kailangan bang maging ganito?

" Are you making yourself as one of his choices, Solandra? Do you think it's fair?"

Nanahimik ako. I bit my lower lip as I let my mother's words sink in to my mind. God, why is this so hard? Bakit ba kailangan kong magduda kay Archi?

Mom gently removed my head on her shoulders. She cupped my face and smiled at me.

" You're a grown up now. Make your choices. Talk to him. Make it clear. You're both in this relationship. Hindi ka nag-iisa. Hindi lang rin nag-iisa si Archi. You two, should make this work."

I bit my lip more. Mom wiped away the tears and kissed my forehead.

" He's downstairs." Mom smiled again. My heart thumped harder just by the thought of Archi waiting on me downstairs.

"Bumaba ka kapag ready ka na, Solandra. He's just patiently waiting. He said, no pressure."

" But I feel pressured."

Mom just smiled and she just left my room.