Chapter 1

Hazel's POV

My name is Hazel and I'm a Pogues. I'm not super poor, but I'm poor enough to be considered one. I live with my mom and dad and I have nice sized home, and life is great honestly. My friends Kiara, JJ, John B, and Pope make it better.

"Hazel, you there?" Said Kiara as she waved a hand in my face.

"Huh? What?" I asked. I have no idea what my friends were talking about.

"Did you not listen to anything that we said," John B said.

"Uh.. no," I laughed. "What were you talking about?"

"There is going to be a hurricane Hazel," said Pope.

"Wait actually?" I asked. Even though I live on an island and hurricanes happen quite often, I'm still scared of them.

"Look at the tv," said JJ as he pointed to the tv. I looked at the tv and they were right. There was a hurricane that's supposed to hit tonight.

"Holy shit," I said as I got up and looked out the window. You could see the hurricane coming our way. "Look guys!" I said as I motioned first everyone to come to the window. They all sat up and looked outside.

"I'm going to go home. My parents probably want to know where I am," said Kiara.

"Same," I said as I stood up.

"I'll go with you!" Said Pope. I looked at him confused. "You know... since my house is on its way to yours."

"Oh yeah! Let's go," I said. Me and Pope walked out of John B's little home, and started walking to ours.

"You know if you are scared about this storm, I can protect you," said Pope as he showed off his non existent muscles.

"You wish," I laughed. "If I needed help I wouldn't go to you."

"What's the supposed to mean," gasped Pope sarcastically.

"That's for you to find out, besides I'm not that scared," I said.

"Whatever you say, just don't come to me if you need help," said Pope as we reached his house.

"Pope come inside!" Said his dad.

"See you later Hazel," said Pope as he walked inside. Out of the group, I would say me and Pope are the closest, but I'm close to all of them so it's hard to say. Also Pope's parents and my parents were close friends so I feel like I am always with him.

I walked to my house from Pope's, it was only a five minute walk between the two so it wasn't that far. Once I got home, my mom and dad were waiting outside for me.

"Hazel Rae! There is a hurricane coming, why weren't you home sooner," said my mom.

"I'm sorry! I didn't realize there was one until like fifteen minutes ago," I said. "If I knew sooner I would've come home sooner."

"Okay, I'm just glad you are home," said my mom. All three of us went inside my house.

"It's not supposed to be that bad of a hurricane, our house will most likely be fine so you don't have to do anything," said my dad.

"Okay, I'll be in my room," I said as I took off to my room. My room was pretty small, but less room to clean.

Once I was in my room, I started to do random stuff. Go on my phone, draw, think, the usual. Eventually I finally fell asleep to the rain hitting my window.

"Hazel wake up!" Whispered a voice. I rubbed my eyes so that I could focus on who was talking to me.

"Ki? What are you doing here?" I asked as I say up.

"Get dressed! We are supposed to meet the guys on the boat," she said.

"Okay, just wait outside my door," I said as Kiara left my room. I quickly put on my swimming suit, then shorts and a tank top to go over. "I'm done!" I said as I opened my door.

"Let's go!" Kiara said as she walked out my door. I followed behind her.

"Why are you in such a rush?" I asked.

"Because it took me like ten minutes to wake you up," said Ki.

"Oops," I said. Me and Kiara walked all the way to the dock where the three boys already were.

"Took you long enough," said JJ.

"It isn't my fault. This one over here wouldn't get up," said Kiara as we hopped on the boat.

"Hey! It's not like we are in a rush to do anything," I said as I through my hand up in surrender. Technically it wasn't my fault since I didn't know I was going to meet them so early in the morning.

"Let's get this show on the road!" Yelled JJ as he sped up the boat.

"JJ! Slow down!" Yelled Kiara.

"What's the fun in that!" He yelled. JJ didn't sow down at all, in fact it left like he just went faster. Suddenly, the boat jerked to a stop causing everyone to fly forward. I almost went over board, but JJ caught my shirt.

"Jesus JJ!" Said John B.

"We hit a sand bar," said JJ. Pope went to the front of the boat to examine it.

"Guys!" He shouted making everyone look his way. "I don't think we hit a sandbar. We hit a boat," he said. Everyone ran to the front of the boat, and he was right. It was a boat that we hit.

"Let's go in," said John B as he took of his shirt. Everyone followed and stripped down in there bathing suits. We all jumped into the water and swam down to where the boat was sitting. We all looked at each other before swimming back up, and got onto our boat.

"I saw that boat yesterday when I was surfing," said John B.

"Why were you surfing when you knew a hurricane was going to hit!" Said Ki.

"There were nice waves! Anyways that means that this is newly wrecked," he said. "I'm going back down!" Said John B as he jumped back into the water. We all waited at the edge of the boat to see when he would resurface.

"He is so stupid," muttered Pope.

"Where is he! He should be up my now," said Kiara. On cue John B rose up from the water.

"Did you find anything?" Asked JJ. John B got back up on the boat to show what he got.

"A hotel key. What is that going to do for us," said JJ.

"There is only one way we can find out."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you like this first chapter!

Also sorry if I'm not going correctly to the show, I don't want it to be exact.