Chapter 39

Hazel's POV

It's been a day and a half now at sea and I was sure getting sick of it. I think all of us were. Fortunately, Pope said we would be back at shore in less than an hour.

"So when we do dock, then what?" Asked Sarah. "Do we hide? Tell everyone we are back?"

"I think people will already be searching for us since we kinda just left. I don't think there is a point in hiding anymore," said Pope.

"Yeah, one of your parents would've told the cops by now," said JJ.

"Hey look! There's land!" Said Kiara as she pointed to the edge of OuterBanks.

"About time," I said.

"So I'm going to dock the boat right outside John B's house and that's not that far from here, so we should be back sooner than I thought," said Pope.

"How is my house?" Asked John B. "Last time I saw it, it was trashed."

"We cleaned it up," said Kiara. "There is probably only like food laying around now cause of JJ." JJ scoffed at Kiara's words but decided not to say anything.

"How's Wheezie?" Sarah blurted out. "Have any of you guys heard from her?" To be honest, I kinda forgot Wheezie existed. I never really talked to the kid.

"I have no idea. I don't think any of us have heard from her," I said.

"I've seen her walking around but that's it," said JJ.

"And Rafe? What about him?" Asked Sarah. Pope quickly looked at me reminding me of when Rafe came up to me at the beach.

"Douche as always," I said keeping it short and simple.

"What did I expect anyways. He shot a police officer," scoffed Sarah.

"To brighten the mood at least, we are almost here," said Pope causing everyone to look ahead. And there it was. John B's little old shack of a house.

"Home sweet home," said John B. Once we were close enough to dock the boat, Pope quickly tied the rope to the dock. We all wanted to be off of this boat as fast as possible.

"Is it finally docked?" Asked Kiara.

"Yep, we're free," sighed Pope as we all got off of the boat. At last, we were finally at land.

"Never thought I would Outback soil ever again," said John B.

"If this was in a better circumstance we would party, but we can't do that now unless we want to get in major trouble," said JJ.

"First time hearing JJ be reasonable," I said.

"But it's true though, we are already in a lot of trouble. Not trying to make it worse," continued JJ.

"Speaking of trouble, I should probably go home. I'm definitely grounded for life," said Pope.

"Same here," said me and Kiara at the same time.

"Well me and Sarah are going to stay at my house for right now while you guys go to your parents," said John B.

"And I'm going to go to sleep cause I haven't had a good sleep in a long time," said JJ.

"Okay, and we'll meet here once we are done with everything," said Pope.

"Sounds like a plan," said JB.

I finally made it back home. I was just waiting outside my front door to scared to open it. I didn't have a key thought so I would have to ring it.

Finally growing the confidence, I rung the doorbell. It didn't take long for me to hear walking on the other side of the door. Once the door started to open, I was terrified.

"Hazel Rae!" My mom yelled as she opened the door. At the sound of my name, my dad also rushed to the door. Well I knew I was in deep shit since she used my full name.

"Hey guys.." I said trying to sound as innocent as possible.

"Where the hell have you been?!" Yelled my dad. I totally forgot that I never told them where specifically I was going. So they had no idea where I was this entire time.

"I was in the Bahamas," I said. My mom scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"Let's continue this inside," she said as she held the door open for me. I nodded and quickly rush inside.

"Now that we are inside where no one can hear us. Why were you in the Bahamas? It's not like you to just leave," said my mom.

"Me, Pope, Kiara, and JJ went to find John B and Sarah since that's where we told them to go," I said.

"Honey, they're dead. Why would you go when you knew they were dead? Everyone was scared not knowing where you guys went," said my dad. I smirked. Of course they though they were dead.

"That's where you're wrong," I said with a slight smile. "They aren't dead. We found them. John B and Sarah are actually at John B's house right now."
My parents stared at me in disbelief. Guess they weren't expecting that to happen to day.

"They're alive?" My mom asked breaking the silence.

"Yes they're alive," I said. "And I'm sorry for leaving with no explanation, but I knew you wouldn't let me go if you knew the reason why. And I'm glad I didn't tell you cause we actually found them."

"You know you are still in big trouble for this," said my dad. "No matter if you found them or not." I rolled my eyes and nodded.

"Anyways, anything new with the case?" I asked. My parents looked at each other hesitatingly.

"Ward was found guilty with the murder of Big John," said my dad. My mouth hung open.

"That's great!" I smiled. "He confessed?"

"Yeah he did. After a lot of fighting with the police though," said my mom.

"And what about Rafe? Do they still think John B did it?" I asked. I was happen Ward was found guilty, but it's not over until JB is proven innocent.

"No, they stopped the case since they thought John B was dead. So now that he isn't dead, then they will probably resume it again," said my dad. That wasn't the answer I would like to hear, but it was better then nothing I guess.

"I know I'm in trouble but can I please go to John B's to tell them everything," I pleaded.

"Fine, but only because of the circumstances."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Finally a new update!!

I would say that there will only be 3 or so chapter left!

I know this isn't the best story, but thanks for sticking around this far!