Chapter 38

Hazel's POV

Never thought I would see the day where we were all together again. Never thought I would be on a boat with everyone ever again. But here I was. On a boat going back to North Carolina with the entire gang.
Oh and to mention we were not on a big boat, so we were all kinda squished together.

"So how long is this going to take again?" Asked Sarah.

"About a day and a half maybe," said Pope as he was driving the boat once again. We trusted John B with the boat, but we just found him again and we aren't going to stick him with driving the boat right away.

"Hopefully this goes faster than last time," groaned Kiara.

"Same.. except I don't want to face the consequences of coming back home," I said. So many things could happen once we arrive. My parents will be pissed, John B could get accused again, Ward could bring us more trouble then we already have.

"Don't remind me," said John B as he slightly shook him head.

"Stop being party poopers. If the world ends once we return then let's enjoy this day and a half," said JJ.

"Sorry buddy, but there's not much to do," said Pope as he looked around us. All there was, was the ocean.

"Way to kill the mood," said JJ as he rolled his eyes at Pope. I knew he wasn't actually mad, it's JJ, he doesn't take those things to heart.

"So what do you want to do?" Asked Sarah.

"Truth or dare," said JJ. "We haven't lived like actual high schoolers at all this summer. So let's act like some now and play the classic old truth or dare."

"What kinda of dares are we going to do out here?" I said. "The only dare there is, is to jump in the water." I looked over the edge of the boat. Although I like the ocean and I love to surf, I don't like crazy deep water like where we are now.

"I'm sure we could think of some," said Kiara. "Let's do it. Let's play some truth or dare." We all looked around at each other and nodded slowly. What was there to lose.

"Okay Pope, we'll start with you since you've been kinda quite," said JJ. "Truth or dare."

"Truth," said Pope. I internally laughed. Of course Pope wouldn't pick dare.

"How long have you liked Hazel?" Asked JJ. Pope looked at me, then JJ, then back to the water.

"I don't know. A long time," said Pope. "Way before I started dating her."

"Aww, Pope's in love," said John B.

"Well I hope so," I laughed.

"Okay then, truth or dare Hazel," said Pope. You know, even as much as I wanted to pick truth, why not pick dare. I've got nothing to lose.

"Dare," I said. Pope thought of what his dare might be for a while.

"Luck the floor of the boat," said Pope. Kiara instantly started to laugh.

"That is such a lame dare," laughed Kiara.

"What else is there to do," said Pope. "Besides, who knows what has touch the floor." I looked at the ground and saw that no one had shoes on. Yeah, maybe this was going to be grosser than I originally thought.

"Well, guess I got to do it," I said as I stood up and positioned myself so that my face was towards the ground.

"You are going to get some sort of disease," said Sarah.

"A dares a dare," I said. And with that, I stuck my tongue out and licked the floor. I gagged instantly. It was salty, and it smelled like dirty feet.