Chapter 35

Hazel's POV

After arguing with the receptionist some more, we finally decided to give up. He wasn't going to tell us anything. We all stepped away from the desk to where the man couldn't hear us anymore.

"When he said that he can't give guest information away, do you think that means that Sarah and John B are guests here?" Asked Kiara.

"That's what it sounds like," said JJ. Although this could mean that JB and Sarah are here, I still didn't want to get my hopes up in case they were actually dead.

"What do we do now?" Asked Pope. "Wait and see if they come to the lobby?"

"Yeah, let's just do that for now," said JJ. We all nodded and sat down on some lounge chairs in the lobby. As we sat down Pope looked at me worriedly.

"You okay?" He whispered so that Kie and JJ couldn't hear him.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said back.

"You don't look fine," said Pope.

"It's just that what if John B and Sarah aren't alive. Then what?" I sighed. "We came all this way for nothing, and now everyones hopes are up. This could turn out bad."

"I know. I mean I've already got my hopes up, but all we can do is wait. If they aren't here, at least we tried," said Pope as he held my hand. I gave him a soft smile back.

"You gonna share your conversation or..?" Asked JJ as he and Kiara stared at me and Pope.

"Are you going to keep snooping or..?" I said.

"Hey, we just wanted to know what you guys were whispering about," said Kiara. I eyed Pope down telling him to not actually say what we were talking about.

"Relationship stuff," said Pope.

"Whoa! I don't want to know what you mean by that!" Said JJ.

"Not that kinda stuff you dimwit," I said as I rolled my eyes.

"Only one could guess," laughed Kiara.

"Off topic," said Pope. "But if John B and Sarah did survive, how do you think they'd get here? I mean they would've been lost at sea."

"Another boat," shrugged JJ.

"The chance of there being another boat where they crash is very slim," I said.

"But theirs still a chance."

~~

We've waited in the lobby for hours now, and no sign of John B and Sarah. And waiting for three hours I was getting very restless.

"I can't do this anymore. I'm going for a walk. Anyone want to come?" I asked as I stood up very abruptly.

"I'll pass," said all three of them.

"Really? Not one person wants to come with me?" I asked again.

"Hazel, these chairs are very comfortable. We don't want to get up. Plus if JB and Sarah do come. How would we know if we are all gone," said Kiara

"Fine," I groan as I walk away from the group. As I stepped outside the hotel, I was met with the hot, very bright sun. I also had a little bit of money on me, so why not check out the shops here.

As I got to the market place of the island, there were a bunch of places to go. My first stop though was this one shop with a bunch of handmade jewelry.

"Do you need help finding anything," asked a lady with a very thick accent.

"No thanks. I'm just looking around," I said. She nodded and turned back around and went back to the cash register.

After looking around, I found this bracelet that was only five bucks. It's was a very beautiful bracelet with oranges and pinks on it.

"Will this be all?" Asked the same lady as before.

"Yes," I smiled as I gave the lady the bracelet.

"Are you from Hawaii?" She asked as I looked through my wallet for money.

"No," I laughed. "Im actually from North Carolina." I then have the woman the five dollars.

"Oh, you look very Hawaiian," she said.

"Yeah, I have some Hawaiian in me," I laughed nervously.

"Oh! Here is your bag. Have a nice day!" Said the lady as he gave me the bag. Once I touched the bag, instantly walked away. That was a very awkward experience. The people down here are a lot nicer then I'm used to. Probably because they don't judge people based on their social class.

As I was deciding what store should I go to next, a boy probably my age came up to me. "You aren't from here aren't you," he said.

"Uh, no I'm not," I said confused.

"Well then, do you mind if I give you a tour of the Bahamas," he said. If this was his way at flirting, he was doing a horrible job at it.

"I'm fine, I know this place pretty well," I said even though it was an obvious lie. I didn't know about about the Bahamas.

"You sure? You look lost," he said.

"I'm sure," I said started to get annoyed now.

"Okay then, would you like to go out sometime. You are very pretty," he said. Oh god, he actually was trying to flirt with me.

"I have a boyfriend sorry," I said as I went to walk away from him but he held my wrist. I turned back are and glared at him.

"I don't see your boyfriend here. Come on, I can show you a good time," the dude said.

"I'll pass," I said as I turned around and sped walked away from him. This time it worked though. As I was walking I looked back at him and he looked shocked. That's what happened when you are to cocky.

I quickly entered a new store so that the boy wouldn't find me. Some people here are sketchy. I looked around and realized that I was at a shirt store. I didn't want a shirt but I decided to stay in the store just in case.

As I was looking around I looked to my right and saw a guy and a girl wearing sunglasses inside. Weird. Something about them though seemed very familiar so I kept staring. They must've felt me looking cause they ended up looking my way.

"Hazel?!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry for not posting in a long time! I wanted to take a little break but I'm back now.

Who do you think the guy and girl are?

Also sorry for the short chapter.