Chapter 18

Hazel's POV

All six of us were in the van driving to Barry's house on JJ's commands. I have a feeling something bad is definitely going to happen. I mean given the fact that JJ is pissed, is not good. A mad JJ is never a good thing.

"Welcome to crackhead wasteland," said Kiara as we drove up to Barry's shack.

"Dude, why are we at Barry's?" Asked Pope.

"I'll only take a second," said JJ as he hopped out the car. JJ went up to Barry's house by himself, not telling us what he was going to do.

"Where are you going?" Asked John B from inside the van. JJ ignored John B and kept walking.

"Somebody should probably follow him," I said.

"Yeah, I got it," said John B as he got out of the car. JB walked inside Barry's house to find JJ. Me, Pope, Kie, and Sarah got out of the car as well, but we stayed outside.

"Why would JJ even want to come here," said Pope.

"It's JJ," I said. "Who knows."

"It's probably because Barry deals to his dad," said Kiara.

"They are coming back out," said Sarah as JJ and John B walked back over to us.

"So we are looking at five grand each for reparations for putting us through that bullshit," said JJ.

"So that's what we are doing? We are robbing drug dealers now?" Said Kiara.

"This Barry guy is going to find out," said Sarah.

"This dude has resources. He is going to come after us," I said butting into the conversation.

"Yes he will. This is not the time to start wilin' out," said Pope.

"How'd you guys like having a gun pulled on you?" Asked JJ. Something was defiantly going on in JJ's head, and we could all see it.

"Relax," said John B.

"He had it right here in you, bro," said JJ was he pointed at John B's face.

"Look, we've got to get the gold, okay?" Said John B. "Just give me that shit. We are putting it back." John B grabbed the bag out of JJ's hands only to have JJ push John B into the van.

"You feel like a tough guy, huh?" Asked John B. "What are you going to do when he comes after us?" Me and the three others just watched this all happen. I have never seen these two fight like this.

"We punch him in the throat," said JJ. "I'm not putting it back." JJ grabbed the bag of money back from JB and sat inside the van. Well that went well.

"You guys getting in or what?" Asked JJ. We all looked at each other not sure what to do. JJ then walked back outside of the van and looked at us.

"What?" Asked JJ.

"We are sick of your shit," said John B. Here we go again.

"My shit?" Asked JJ.

"Yes," said Kiara. "Your pulling guns on people shit."

"You acting like a manic," said Pope before JJ cut him off.

"Pope, I took the fall for you, man!" Yelled JJ. "You know how much money I owe because of you?"

"I'm going to pay you back and I didn't even ask for you to do that!" Yelled Pope. I grabbed Popes hand to try and calm him down.

"I just did pay it back. Right here, right now, by myself." Said JJ talking about the money he stole. "You know what, I'm just gonna go off by myself." JJ took his bag and walked away from us leaving us stunned. We all eventually got into the van and drove to JB's place. I know Pope didn't like the fact that he just got yelled at, so the entire ride I tried to call him down.

Once we got to John B's, we all sat in silence. "Do you think he will got back?" I asked breaking the silence.

"Yeah, he is just doing a JJ thing," said John B.

"You think he'll go home?" Asked Kiara.

"There is about a zero percent chance that JJ goes home," said Pope.

"You okay?" John B asked Sarah.

"Yeah," said Sarah as she nodded as well.

"It's to dangerous to pawn off the gold," said Pope changing the subject. "So our best bet is to go down there and get the rest if it. Put it in a safe or vault or something. Just until we can find someone who won't rip us off. I can figure it out and have it done by tomorrow morning."

"Alright, let's do it," said John B.

"What about my thing with my dad?" Asked Sarah.

"What thing?" I asked.

"I have to go fishing with Ward," said John B.

"You can't get 400 mil because you are going to kill fish?" Asked Kiara.

"I have to, okay? He saved me," said John B. "If it weren't for Ward, I'd be in foster care."

"Pope, I'll help you with the gold stuff," I said.

"Okay... lets go so that we have a head start," said Pope. He grabbed my hand as we walked out of John B's place.

"You okay?" I asked as we walked to my house. We decided that we would have more privacy over there since my parents were never home.

"I'm fine," said Pope.

"Pope, I know when you are lying," I said.

"Fine, it's just JJ. I'm worried for him," said Pope.

"JJ did this to himself. He can figure it out on his own. You shouldn't have to worry about him," I said.

"I know," mumbled Pope. The rest of the walked back to my house was very quiet. Me and Pope didn't say much to each other.

Once we made it back to my house, Pope got immediately to work. I just sat there and watched him because whenever I tried to help he told me to stop. I sat there for about an hour just watching him plan on how to get this gold up safely.

"Pope!" I said trying to get his attention. He ignored me though. "Pope!" I said again. This time he looked up.

"Yeah?" Asked Pope. I rolled my eyes as I closed the notebook that he was writing in.

"Why'd you do that?" Asked Pope confused.

"You need to take a break. You are over working yourself," I said.

"I'm fine," said Pope again.

"Oh my god! Stop with this 'I'm fine' shit because you are obviously not!" I said. I'm assuming Pope didn't expect for me to outburst like that because he just stared at me. Suddenly, Pope kissed me. I pulled back in confusion.

"Why did you do that?" I asked him.

"You are right. I need to get my mind off of things," said Pope as he leaned in again causing me to stop him again.

"Pope, having sex does not fix problems," I laughed.

"But it will work," said Pope.

"I know that you are new to this stuff, but this isn't a healthy way to fix things," I said.

"Just this one time at least?" Asked Pope.

"Oh my god! Just shut up already!" I laughed as I kissed him. He kissed me back and let's just say that we eventually ended up in my room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you like the story so far!

Also sorry that I haven't been updating as much, I just have a lot going on right now!

Thank you guys for the support though.