Chapter 4

Hazel's POV

We got off of the HMS Pogues, and we were now in John B's place. We were in the back about to open the duffle bag.

"Just open it up!" Said Pope getting impatient. We all looked at him confused. Didn't know Pope did that.

"Woah Pope. That was an outburst of emotions right there," I laughed.

"You guys are killing me! Just open it!" He said again. John B started to open the duffle bag, and took out a big metal cylinder. He then open that and dumped out a compass.

"Great a fucking compass," I said.

"Woah, good job everybody we found a compass," Pope said sarcastically. John B kept looking at the compass though like it was worth something.

"Dude what? It's not worth anything," JJ said.

"This was my fathers," John B finally said. Everyone looked at each other.

"Holy shit," Kiara said.

John B told us everything. Apparently this compass has been passed down generations and not I guess it's his. Also, John B now believes his dad is alive. He believed it before, but after nice months I thought he was starting to lose hope.

"Do you think it's good that we found the compass," asked Pope. Right now me and him were hanging out just the two of us.

"I feel like yeah because now he has something of his fathers, but no because we all know Big John isn't alive," i said as I rested my feet on Pope's lap.

"Yeah... I just hope he doesn't do something stupid with it," Pope said.

"Same, I'm not about to get arrested because of his dumb ass," I said.

"Same sister," laughed Pope.

"Since when do you call me sister?" I laughed.

"You know that like hey soul sister song. Well you are my soul sister," laughed Pope.

"Whoa that's low. You just sister zoned me," I said as I got up acting annoyed.

"I didn't mean too," said Pope as he came up behind me and hugged me. "Forgive me?"

"You know I'm joking right," I laughed.

"Uh... yeah," said Pope. He totally thought I was actually annoyed at him. Suddenly someone knocked at my door.

"Yeah?" I asked thinking it was my mom, but it was actually Kiara.

"Meeting at John B's," she said. Me and Pope looked at each other before following Kiara. I swear if he did something stupid.

All three of us made it to JB's place where him and JJ already were. Apparently they went to Lana Grubbs house and there were those two men there asking for something from her.

"We were right outside like this," said JJ as he leaned against the wall. "The BAM BAM BAM! The paint got knocked off the wall! Look at my hair!" He said as he bent down and shook his hair.

"That's dandruff," said Kiara disgusted.

"Okay so you saw the guys that shot at us," said Pope as he put his hands on his head. I could tell that he was stressed so I started to rub his back.

"Yep!" Said JJ.

"Did you get a good description? What do they look like?" I said.

"Burly," said JJ.

"Burly? That's it!" Said Pope annoyed.

"I wasn't taking Polaroids of them!" Yelled JJ. "But by Lanas screams, these guys are bad. And they want to get there hands on the compass!"