11

Sona (pov)

I woke up early today as I set the alarm in clock of 6:00 am.

I thought at night whatever he said and decided to do it as my mother and grandmother always wake up early to cook breakfast for us.

I sit up in bed lazily and drag myself to bathroom.

I enter inside room wearing tank top and long skirt. I wipe my hair with towel and put vermilion on my hair partition,I put lip gloss and kajal on my face.

I run downstairs and straight goes to kitchen .

I look at my wrist watch,now it's 6:45 am.

He gone to office at that day at 8:30.

I look inside fridge .

Eggs,fruits, veggies all are available.

I took out potatos I am going to make its tarkari. Sometimes mom makes it for us so I will also try to prepare it as I don't know what she add.

I thought  idea.

I know how to prepare chole. So I will make this aloo tarkari like that easy.

I start preparing it.

The tarkari is done and now I am kneading a dow for Puri's.

After it I put the  pan in burner and light it with lighter  and pour oil to heat.

I saw the time and it's going to be 8:30 in 15min.

Oh I took so much time may be. But it's my first time.

The oil is heated i started frying the Puri's.

..............

I am done. I put all things in dining table.

Oh I think I should cut some fruits also or may be juice.

To prepare the juice it Will take time and I don't know where is grinder.

I took out apple and oranges and  cut it and put in table.

I heared the sound of footsteps. I looked up and saw him coming to table.

He come and glared at me.

"Why didn't you iron my shirt and took out my stuff for office because if you I got half an hour late"

What I have to do that also he is old enough to choose what he wants to wear he is old enough to do his own work. I thought and frowned at him.

"You are not 70-80 year old you can do that by yourself"I said to him.

He glared me hard and looked at time on his wrist watch.

"You know I am getting late or I will teach a good merits, now serve me breakfast and where is my tea"

"What tea,woh I don't know how to make it"I said.

"What" he said shocked. He observed the dining table and saw the dishes I prepared.

"Did you cooked lunch or what, what you cooked tell me now"he said gritting his teeth.

"This is Puri as you can see and this is aloo tarkari and some fruits "I said one by one pointing the items to him.

"What the hell who cooks this for breakfast" he said standing up.

"M-my mom used to cook this for me for  breakfast"

"Of course she will "he muttered.

"Leave it I am going to office I will have breakfast there and pack this in tiffin box as I can't waste food,now tell me did you taste it is it edible"

"What do you mean it is"

"Ok serve me I will, no- no I will see you taste it"

"Ok "I said. And plated the dish and took a bite. I slowly chew it.

Damn it's kind of spicy but it's good. Wow I am proud of myself. I thought and looked at him.

He is observing me keenly. He come to my side of table and stand behind me.

I stood stiffed when he come close.
He also took the morsel and chew it. And looked at me.

"What why are you looking at me,pack the tiffin"he said to me,when I was looking at him from corner of my eyes.

He do told me to taste first and pack it. I nod my head and started packing the food.

I entered the living room and put the tiffin infront of him in table.

"Bring my laptop bag from upstairs"he said.

I am hungry I also want to have tea but don't know how to make it. And he is telling me do this and that.

"Come on what are you thinking go fast bring it it's in bed"

I goes upstairs and bring it down.

"Today raghav will cook dinner and lunch but tomorrow you will prepare it and also maids Will wash clothes and iron it learn it. Mom do gave me pep talk that I have to take care of it. So  I just nod at him.

I saw him going out of house.

"Learn it" I mimicked him and roll my eyes.

First I need to have breakfast. I am hungry.

……….……

I did my best in learning  all the things from maids.

Now I am cutting bottle gourd ( louki).
Raghav said he is going to make kophte. I don't know what it is well.

I am cutting it in circle shape it looks pretty like that. I hummed and started cutting more pieces.

"Sona are you done, hey hey what are you doing " said raghav.

"Cutting it"I said showing him.

"But Sona first you have to peel it and take out it's seeds and cut it"

"What but I thought it's like brinjal just cut it and done"I told him.

"Ok sona don't do anything and let me prepare and you see and learn it"

I hummed and watch him throw the  bottle gourd in dustbin.

......................

Suraj(pov)

I enter inside the home and put my laptop bag in living room and also tiffin box she do cooked well but spicy  and I like spicy food. I sat in sofa after taking out my coat.  I fold the sleeves of my shirt and loose the tie.

I felt thirsty so I stand up took tiffin box with me. There I saw Raghav is cooking and Sona is also in there and bending in counter. A little bit of her back is showing through her top.

I seethingly walked there and hold her  forearm and let her stand straight.

"What are you doing here"I said.

"Learning how to prepare food"she said removing my hand from her and looked at me.

"Raghav it's 7:30 now why so late"

"It's my fault, actually he told me to cut the bottle gourd and I cut without peeling and in small pieces so it can't be -"

"Stop Just stop"

"I told you Raghav to teach her not take help from her which she doesn't know"

"Sorry sir, the kophte is done I will just serve"

"No need I don't felt hungry, please prepare ginger tea for me" I said and start going upstairs. I look behind me she is still standing there and talking with him and he is nodding.

"Sona come upstairs and bring my things from living room"

"Why but I am hungry after dinner I will come and also bring your stuff"

"Raghav you are done for today you may leave and put the food in containers and put it in fridge we will have it later , no need to prepare tea also"

He looked at me for some minutes and then to Sona  who is glaring me .

I took hold of her hand and dragged her with me.

""