Chapter 4

“Are you alright, son?” Masaru looked to Katsuki.

“Yeah, thanks pops. “ Katsuki replied, his voice a little shaky. It was clear that his mother’s behaviour had shaken him up quite a lot. He wasn’t expecting her to behave like that. Sure, he was expecting a slap on the wrist and an earful, but he wasn’t expecting her to hurt him like that. It wasn’t like her and it took him by surprise.

“I just want you to know that what happened is okay. It’s not ideal, but the way that you were willing to give up on your dream shows me that you’re taking responsibility. Your mother will come around, I promise. She just needs time to think things through.“ Masaru put a shoulder to his son’s shoulder.

“She’s never hit me like that before... If I’m gonna be truthful here, I was scared. “ Katsuki sighed as he walked with his father to Izuku’s apartment. Just then, Katsuki’s phone rang. “One sec. “ He raised a finger as he answered.

“What’s up, Izu?”

“Kacchan! My Mum just said that she got a message from your Dad saying that you’re staying with me under further notice. Is everything okay? Are you hurt?”

“Look Izu, I’m nearly at yours. I’ll explain to you what happened when I get to your place.”

“Okay. I’ll see you soon Kacchan.” And with that, Izuku hung up. “It was just Izu. He was a little worried. “ Katsuki looked to his father with a slight smile.

Once they arrived at the apartment block, Izuku opened the door as soon as the doorbell rang. It was almost as if he was waiting by the door to open it “Kacchan!” The omega teared up as he hugged Katsuki tightly.

“Hey Izu.“ He put a hand to Izuku’s head.

“I’ve got to go now, Katsuki. Do you need anything other than clothes and toiletries?” Masaru asked his son.

“Uh, “ he thought for a second “My dumbbells, protein powder and creatine with my shaker would be a huge help, pops. Thanks again. “ He smiled as he waved his father goodbye. He’d always had a much more relaxed relationship with his father, and they were fairly close given the fact that his father always went to calm him down after he would argue with his mother.

“Right. And please son, don’t let what your mother did get to you. She’s really just worried about you. I promise.” Masaru smiled as he waved goodbye to his son. Katsuki waved back, shutting the apartment door when he was a good distance from the door.

As soon as that door shut, Katsuki burst into tears “She attacked me, Izu. She hit me really hard and she pushed me against the wall. She told me that it would ruin my father’s reputation in the fashion business. She told me that you’re unhappy and that you hate me. She’s never been this bad, Izu. I don’t know what to do. Dad tells me to not let it get to me but it hurts so much to be rejected by your own mother.” He rested his chin on Izuku’s head.

“Kacchan... I’m so sorry that happened... I should’ve gone with you so that we could explain together... And please... Listen to me... I don’t hate you. Even after everything you did, I didn’t hate you for even a minute. Because I’d always admired you. And I know that this situation isn’t perfect. But that isn’t gonna stop me from being happy. Because in reality, this pup has made the two of us closer than ever by bringing us back together. This pup made us realise our true feelings towards each other. And for that, I couldn’t be happier. I truly do love you. I always have. You’re trying to be better. You’ve apologised to me and I forgave you. The fact that you were willing to even give up your old friends just for me and the pup’s sake shows me that you’re gonna be a great father. So don’t doubt yourself for a second.” Izuku hugged Katsuki tighter in an attempt to comfort him. Katsuki hugged him back as he just let the tears out “Look, Mum’s out getting groceries. Go get changed into some comfier clothes. I still have your spare shirt and I have some shorts on my bed that should fit you. I’ll make us some tea and we can discuss things properly. “ Izuku smiled up to Katsuki.