Chapter One - Your Life

Your POV
Most of the time when you read something about a high school fantasy it's cliche. You thought I was going to say that this one isn't, haha wow. Of course it's cliche. But I'm just going to introduce myself. Yes, I'm one of THOSE girls. My name is y/n, and I'm that cliche emo. I just want to have that perfect emo boy who walks around with guyliner, long hair, tattoos, and is not afraid to show out. But of course, that's not going to happen. Just last week I moved to a new city, Portsmouth, England. Today was my first day at a new school. It's not easy when your the only girl in school who looks how you do. Y/h/s, eyeliner, all black clothes- all the time-, and over all vibe. So far I've gotten nothing but stares. People afraid to come up to me, afraid to talk to me, afraid of me. Until she came up to me in the lunch room. She looked like that perfect popular girl who gets everything she wants from her rich daddy.

"And who might you be?" Her accent sounded fake, like she wasn't from here.

"I'm y/n. Who might you be?" She gave me a fake smile.

"You think your so cute don't you." She said. Normally, it would be said as a question. But she said it more like a statement.

"I don't know what your implying. This is only my first day, so if you could just back off and leave me alone that would be great." I said looking back down.

"You kno-" She started. I put in my headphones because I knew it would piss her off. I started playing my music all the way up. She yanked at the cord of my headphones, pulling them out of my ears. "You've got some nerve."

"Thank you, I actually used to be known for it." She was eyeing the coffee in her hand. She poured it on top of my head as I smiled. I stood up and looked at her. I twirled around as I said, "Thank you, coffee looks good on me. Don't you think?"

She scoffed and walked away. Take notes ladies, that's how you deal with the fake barbies. I grabbed my stuff and walked to the bathroom. I always bring an extra pair of clothes for after gym just in case. I changed just in time, the bell rang indicating that lunch was over. I put my other clothes in my bag and left the bathroom. I was unbothered the rest of the day, on the bus home is where I felt best. I got off at my stop and walked down the street to my home.

"Well, y/n/n. How was school?" My mum asked as I walked in the door. "Is that coffee? Did you have caffeine?"

"No, this girl at school dumped her coffee on me." Her eyes went wide.

"Well why would she do that?" I giggled.

"Well, she didn't like my nerve or my attitude. So that was her way of taking her anger out. I told her I loved the look and then changed." My mum smiled.

"That's my baby. Well go take a shower before dinner so that your father doesn't go berserk." I nodded and ran up to my room. I got blessed with being a single child so I've always been a little spoiled. My parents gave me the master bedroom giving me my own bathroom, they didn't think that it meant I won't have to leave my room. One thing that a lot of people ask me normally goes along these lines: 'If you have a good stable life, then how and why are you emo?' or 'When did the whole emo thing start?'.

It started when I was in third grade. Other kids, my parents, teachers, and myself started realizing that I wasn't like everyone else. I've always been more of a loner. Staying by myself, not liking crowds, staying distant from everyone around me. As I grew up, I found a liking to relating to the people like me. For a while, I had changed. I started getting friends. But when I was finally getting used to it and liking it, there I was, I got left. I became broken and more distant than ever before. The only type of person I want to be around is my type of guy. Which has lead to now.

I set my stuff down and went into the bathroom. I was a quite short girl for my age, which just another thing that made me different. It's not easy being seventeen and four-nine. I stripped down and started to run the bath water. I let the tub get at least one fourth full before turning the water off. I stepped in slowly letting my cold skin get used to the warm bath water. I never have liked the warmth of anything. I sleep completely freezing, I only own like two hoodies that I never wear, and when people touch me they say my skin is always cold. I never have understood it but I probably never will. It took me quite a while to get fully into the bath. Every once in a while, I take a warm bath but I mostly bathe in cold water.

After washing my hair and my body I desperately wanted to be cold. There was something about warmth that made me uncomfortable. I grabbed a towel out from under the sink and walked into my room. I hadn't fully unpacked yet so most of my clothing was still in the boxes. I grabbed a large sleeveless shirt and some shorts. It wasn't late enough for my mom to start dinner so I worked on unpacking. Looking through the first box I found some of my old clothes from when I was 'happy'. I went downstairs and grabbed a trash bag. I took the clothes and threw them into the bag. I wanted nothing to do with THAT type of clothing. I just continued unpacking until it was dinner time. My dad asked me how my day went and I told him it was good. Neither me nor my mum mentioning the coffee. The rest of the night was just unpacking and jamming to music.