Chapter Five - The Park

Jacky's POV
It was so cold outside but I didn't care. It was better than being in pain. I was on my way to school when I saw y/n with only a tank and a sleeveless jacket. I tried to say something without startling her.

"Oh my god. Are you not cold?" She turned around, our eyes locked.

"It feels so good out here." I looked at her with concern. I was bundled, wearing a lot of layers. Which is saying something because I already wear a lot. "I don't like the warmth."

"Then I guess we're different in that way." She laughed a bit as we talked for a while on the way to school.

"Oh shit!" She said as she tripped over a rock. I caught her by her arm and pulled her up. I hadn't realized I had pulled her into my chest. Her skin was cold, and not from the wind. It felt almost as if she was dead, as if the blood in her veins was freezing. "Thank you."

"No problem." I guess she hadn't noticed she was close to me.

"I like this warmth." Her eyes widened as she covered her mouth. I laughed as I put my arm around her neck. We walked that way the rest of the way to school. Once we got to the school grounds she threw my arm off of her.

"What's wrong?" I asked confused.

"Her." I looked up and saw Claire giving y/n a death stare. I pulled her behind me as Claire starts walking our way. Y/n jumped a bit once she sees.

"Hey Jacky." Claire said as she pulled me to her by my collar kissing me. I pushed her back.

"Oi! You're insane." She snickered. I rolled my eyes and walked away with y/n.

"You shouldn't have done that. I wasn't scared just startled." I looked down at her. She didn't seem like the type to be startled easily.

"Why were you startled?" She hid her face.

"I don't want to talk about it. But thanks for the effort I guess." I put my arm back around her, walking her to class. "Well here we are. Bye Jacky."

"Wait, do you wanna go to the park later or something?" She smiled.

"Sure, if you won't be too cold." I chuckled walking away to my class. The rest of the day I just slept in class and didn't really pay attention. The bell rang and I was the first person outside. I waited outside the main doors waiting for y/n to come out. When she did I gave her a second to walk past then went behind her covering her eyes. She jumped and frantically tried to remove my hands. She turned around and sighed in relief. "Thank god it was only you."

"You ready to go?" I smiled.

"Where are we going?" She asked as we walked down the steps.

"You'll see." I smirked. I wanted to take her to this abandoned park I go to sometimes. It was forgotten to the community, hidden behind the trees. I never forgot though, I come here when I'm bored or need to get my mind off of things. We walked through the trees until we found it.

"Wow, is this place abandoned or something?" She said staring around in awe.

"Yeah, everyone forgot about it. I kept it in my mind. Oh and also, beat ya!" I yelled running towards the swings.

"No fair!" I heard her feet pattering behind me. I jumped on the swing standing up. She later followed laughing. "Dang, this definitely beats sitting at home."

"I know." We ran around, chilled, and talked for a few hours. It was pretty dark outside by now so we decided to go ahead and head home. "I'll walk you home."

"But then you'll have to walk home alone." She gave me a sympathetic look.

"I'll be fine, I've done it before." She gave in. When we got to her house I watched as she walked up to the front door. She stopped and waved before walking into the house. I walked home, happy and smiling. I was glad to have finally found someone who actual gets it. She's different.

"You look very happy today." My mum said as I walked into the front door.

"I am." I hung my coat on the wall walking up to my room.

"Wait! Honey." I walked back downstairs. "There's a surprise on your bed. I hope you like it."

I smiled and walked back upstairs. I opened my door and saw a large box sitting on the bed. I picked up a note that was on the box.

We hope you like this, Jacky. It's the one you've been eyeing for a while.

Love,
Mom and Dad

I smiled and opened the box to see the guitar I've been wanting for a while. It was bright green and perfect. Also in the box was a strap. I pulled it out putting it on the guitar. I pulled it around my neck and started playing. I walked through Meadows to ensure I wouldn't forget how to play it, even though I wrote it down. After I played the song slowly, I set my new guitar down carefully on my bed and walked down to the kitchen. My mum was finishing dinner while my dad was sitting at the table reading a newspaper.

"Ah, there he is. How do you like the present?" I smiled a bit.

"I really like it, thank you guys." I sat next to my dad, staring at my feet.

"That's good, honey. So, tell me about this girl." She walked over to the table and set down a bowl of mashed potatoes.

"Oh, umm, you mean y/n?"

"If that's her name, tell us about her."

"Well, she's really sweet. She's also a lot like me, but we have our differences." I couldn't find myself taking my eyes off of my feet. I didn't know that she had ever even seen y/n.

"I would love to meet her." My big brother said coming into the kitchen.

"Of course you would." I sneered.

"I think that's a great idea. You two boys stop it." My mum said as she sat at her spot at the dinner table. Oh my brother, the charmer of the family. Any girl he sees me with, he finds himself the need to get into their pants. Love him but damn, it gets annoying.