Chapter Eighteen - Texts and Nightmares

Jacky's POV

I had stopped the car at the park and sat in silence. Everything hurt. My brain, my body, my heart. What the hell was I thinking to not let her go when she tried. I knew this would happen but I was stupid enough to let her stay. My phone started ringing in the passenger seat making me turn my attention. I read the profile and sighed. It was Ronnie, but why would he be calling me right now?

"Hello?" I asked through the phone.

"You really need to get back here. This is a pretty bad situation, man." I sighed.

"If it has anything to do with y/n or my brother then I'm not coming back." There was a light sobbing in the background. I got a wave of guilt in the pit of my stomach.

"I'm afraid she might hurt herself, Jacky. I know the signs." I sighed.

"I'm on the way." I care about her too much and maybe this was all a misunderstanding. But it still stings to see the only girl you've ever had feelings for kiss another guy. Your own brother at worst. When I got to the mansion and walked inside, I didn't see anyone in the kitchen nor living area. "Ronnie?"

"Finally you're here. She's in my room. She refused to go into yours." I followed Ronnie into his room where y/n was sitting on the floor. Knees to her chest and her head in her hands.

"Y/n?" She looked up at me and quivered her lip. I walked over to where she was on the floor and picked her up. She wrapped her legs around my waist as I tried to calm her down. "What happened?"

"I got up to go to the bathroom and he was coming out. I tried to slide past him but he backed me into the wall. Before you got up he was holding me against the wall. But he let go except for my arm and squeezed so I wouldn't move. I screamed at him once you left but Ronnie stopped me before I could continue." She explained once she calmed down.

"I knew I should have let you leave when you tried because I knew something like this would happen. Where is he now?"

"I kicked him out. Took his shit and threw it out of the door." Ronnie walked out of the room and I took her to my room.

"We can stay at your house until tour if it makes you feel better."

"Let's just get out of here." I took her out to the car and set her down to open her door. The whole way to her house she was curled up to the window. I grabbed her hand, keeping my eyes on the road. She grabbed mine and continued to look down.

"Hey, cheer up a bit. How about we go to the park instead of your house?" She smiled weakly. Once we got to the park we went out into one of the open fields to lay down. I held her close to me allowing her to lay her head on my chest. "What's bothering you most?"

"It's stupid."

"I can guarantee you that I won't think it's stupid."

"For twenty-five years I had only kissed one person ever. That was you and he ruined that. I don't know it just really bothers me." I kissed her top of her head.

"Don't beat yourself up over it. He made the mistake, not you." She smiled and looked up, kissing me. "See? There's that smile."

"You make me feel so much better." I smiled. We laid and talked for half an hour before we decided to leave. She started to run to the car and yelled, "Race ya!"

I ran after and eventually caught her. "Still think you can win this race?" She giggled.

"No fair, you have longer legs." She pouted.

"Not my fault you're twenty-five and four-nine." She laughed and kissed me softly. I carried her to the car bridal style while she held on to my neck.

"You know you don't have to carry me everywhere, right?" I shook my head.

"Oh I know, but I won't stop." She buried her face in my chest until we got to the car.

"Knowing you, at one point I would forget how to walk." I laughed and opened the door for her.

*Later That Night*

Your POV

We were just about to lay down at about eleven thirty when my phone went off. "Who the hell is texting me this late?" I asked aloud. Jacky and I both looked at my phone in horror.

"What the hell? How did he get your number?" The text was obviously from Jacky's brother. It read: 'Did you like my stunt earlier? I did, your lips felt nice. Maybe we should do it again sometime;)'

"What should I say back?" I asked.

"I don't know, decline him, then block him." I started to type a short reply. It read: 'You're lucky that you didn't ruin my life. But you were damn near close to it. No, I will never let you kiss me again. No, we will never happen.' I sent the text and then blocked him. I snuggled up to Jacky, still a little upset. He grabbed me pulled me as close as possible. "Goodnight, y/n."

"Goodnight, Jacky." I shot up from a deep sleep and thankfully didn't wake Jacky. I got out of the bed and walked down stairs. I sat on the couch and brought my knees to my chest. The events of yesterday stuck in my mind. Haunting me like there's no tomorrow. I heard Jacky walking down the stairs so I acted asleep. He chuckled softly and picked me up. I felt him carry me back upstairs and lay me back in the bed. He laid down and took me in his arms once again. I felt safe again.

I woke up the later that day sprawled out in the bed alone. I sat up and rubbed my eyes, giving them a moment to adjust to the light. I smelled food from down stairs, which intrigued me. I walked downstairs to see Jacky and Kairo in the kitchen talking and making breakfast. I walked into the room and hugged Jacky from behind.