Surprise

It sucked to be Gaara. He first gets a call from his brother-in-law saying that the Hokage, Hinata, Sakura, and Sasuke had all gone missing. Then, as soon as Gaara made it to village, his nephew had informed him that his parents had vanished like the others. And now? Now, he was watching his nephew and the Hokage's kids disappear after only being there for a day. A bit later he was greeted by Ino and Sai claiming that Sarada had disappeared as well.

   Gaara took in a deep breath trying to keep his frustration in check so he could think clearly enough to get everyone back. 'I've got four missing kids and six missing adults with no clue on for where they could possibly be. The only thing each disappearance had in common was how they disappeared. Everyone who saw them disappear all claimed to see that they just vanished in thin air which is exactly what I saw as well. There are no jutsu's that could do that could do that as far as I know and I can't reach out to any other villages. No one had disappeared in my village so I have no reason to think that this should concern all the other villages.' Gaara was stumped and just wanted to bang his head against the wall, but apparently he was Kazekage so he had to keep his cool.

   Why did Gaara decide to be Kazekage in the first place? He didn't want to deal with this. He didn't want to have to show no concern and act like he was well on his way to figuring this out when he hadn't even begun to understand what was going on. He just wanted to worry about his sister and nephew and friends, but nooooo he just had to be Kazekage and be a leader and be responsible.

   After a few hours of trying to figure out something to do to help bring back everyone, Gaara just fell on his desk and cried in confusion. "I hate my job!"

———

   Boruto was holding Himawari in a protective manner glaring at all the Hyugas that surrounded them. All their Byakugans were activated and ready to attack making Himawari scared. She started to cry a bit and grip her brother tighter.

   "How did you get in here and what do you want?" Hiashi narrowed his eyes at the pair.

   "Why is grandpa angry at us?" Himawari whispered.

   "Like I said before, some old hag dropped us off telling us to find our parents and wished us good luck." Luna didn't really like being called an old hag so she made the board under Boruto break making him fall down after letting go of his sister so she didn't fall too.

   "Why would this girl you speak of randomly put you here?" Hiashi raised an eyebrow.

"Heck if I know! She's the one who took our parents and sent them to wherever this is then took us and sent us here to find our parents. I think she said something about time, but I wasn't paying attention." Boruto stood back up.

"She said that she was taking us to the past. And I think we're in the old Hyuga compound." Himawari said nervously looking around.

   "But it looks so different." Boruto looked around.

   "Aunt Hinabi did say that they remodeled the compound after the war." Himawari said just loud enough for her brother to hear.

   "You're claiming to be from the future and you think that your parents are here!" Hiashi almost laughed.

   "Well we are from the future, but our parents aren't here. Well, I'm pretty sure mom's past self is here." Boruto shrugged.

   "You're claiming to be a Hyuga now? You don't look like any Hyuga." Hiashi stated.

   "Our mon married outside the Hyuga family which explains our eyes. And no, I don't look like our mom, but doesn't she remind you of anyone?" Boruto pointed at his sister. "Maybe the oldest daughter of Hiashi Hyuga."

   "Are you claiming to be my grandson?" Hiashi was thankful his children weren't this stupid.

   "You're grandpa?! But you're so young and strict and you seem like a jerk." This didn't seem like the grandpa him and Himawari knew.

"What's you're name?" Hiashi asked growing tired of the boy's jokes.

"Boruto Uzumaki! And this is my sister Himawari Uzumaki!" Boruto stated proudly.

"You're related to Naruto Uzumaki, aren't you." Hiashi made a disgusted face.

"That's our old man." Boruto said.

"You're suggesting that my eldest daughter marries Naruto Uzumaki? My daughter would never marry someone like that." Hiashi was disgusted just by the idea of it.

"Why are you being so mean?! My daddy didn't do anything to you. My daddy is a good dad and a really nice person. Even if he can't always be here for us he loves his family and cares for the entire village even though they once hated him." Himawari fumed, Byakugan activated.

"If I were you, I'd run." Boruto warned remembering his experience with the Byakugan.

———

"Mom? Dad?" Shikadai asked.

   "Shikadai!" Temari exclaimed. She went over to him and hugged him followed by Shikamaru.

"Guess Luna dragged you here too." Shikamaru said.

   "Troublesome women." Shikadai muttered.

"This entire situation is a drag." Shikamaru added.

"You two are geniuses, yet "drag" and "troublesome" seem to be the only words in your vocabulary." Temari commented.

"Then you're our grandson." Shikaku smiled at Shikadai whose eyes widened at his grandfather.

   "Is he my grandfather?" Shikadai looked at his dad for confirmation. "Wow."

That was not the reaction Shikaku was expecting. The reaction Shikadai gave him meant one out of three things happens in the future. Shikaku dies, he was alive and did something super awesome, or he died a legend.  He was really hoping it was the second option, but Shikadai's expression and tone gave off a "I've never met you before" vibe.

Shikaku decided to ignore it. He wasn't sure he really wanted to know what happened. That's what was going through p. Shikamaru's mind too.

   "Maybe this situation isn't an entire drag after all." Shikadai muttered.

———

   "Haven't been gone for a week and I'm already forgotten and ignored." Sarada crossed her arms and glared at her parents. She had been standing there for two and a half minutes. Her parents were cuddling together and she decided to interrupt them when they had started kissing.

"Sarada! I didn't think we'd see you until this was over!" Sakura kissed Sarad's cheek and hugged her. Sakura's hugs were always tight, but she was extra happy, so it was stronger than usual.

"Sakura, you're suffocating our daughter." Sasuke warned.

"Oh, sorry." Sakura muttered sheepishly.

"We missed you." Sasuke smiled.

"Hn (not enough to notice me apparently)." Sarada hned.

"Hn (we really did miss you.)" Sasuke urged.

"Hn (if you say so)." Sarada shrugged.

"I really need to learn Uchiha." Sakura noted.