Naruto Tree

As promised, here is the story of when Naruto was a tree. It's a major NaruHina chapter, so sit back and enjoy NaruHina. Also, Naruto and Hinata are 17.

It was a nice day out. It was the perfect temperature, so it wasn't too hot or too cold. There seemed to always be a cloud over the sun so it wasn't blinding, but there wasn't too many clouds to where it was too dark. It was a perfect day, and that should've been Naruto's clue that something bad was going to happen.

If it's a perfect day, something bad is going to happen. I mean, really, he should've figured out he was going to turn into a tree. After all, that's completely normal and happens all the time.

Because it was a perfect day, Naruto decided to take a stroll in the park. It wasn't long until, without warning, he couldn't move. He was paralyzed. He tried to yell out for help, but his lips wouldn't move. He couldn't do anything. He started to panic when a voice spoke.

   "Hey, relax. It's alright. I just turned you into a tree." The voice said.

   "You what?! Change me back!" Naruto demanded.

   "Nah." The voice refused.

   "Why not? I have a mission with Sakura and Lee." Naruto said.

   "I don't wanna. And I know you have a mission. I did that now so they'd know you're missing and my entertainment would begin soon." The voice explained.

   "Why did you turn me into a tree?" Naruto huffed.

   "I got bored. Why else?" The voice asked.

   "Nope. I'm Luna. We've never met before." Luna introduced herself.

   "Then why did you choose me to turn into a tree?" Naruto asked.

   "Your life is pretty interesting, and I wanted to see your friends reactions." Luna told him.

   "I hate you." Naruto grumbled. Luna only laughed.

———

   "Where is he? He can be late sometimes, but he's usually not this late." Sakura tapped her foot impatiently.

   "This is very not youthful of him." Lee frowned.

   "Wait for him here. I'll see if I can find him." Sakura stormed off.

   Sakura first checked in his apartment. She knocked on his door several times. After no answer, she broke down the door. He wasn't there, so she left.

"If he's not here, he's probably eating ramen." He wasn't there.

She then checked the flower shop, graveyard, all the restaurants, the stores, the weapon shop, the parks, asked all their friends if they've seen him around, asked random civilians if they've seen him, and, after worrying and fear, she checked the hospital. She eventually went back to Lee to check if maybe she missed him and he was with Lee. He wasn't.

"Lee, I can't find him. I've searched all over the village. I'm worried. This isn't like him." Sakura rubber her arm out of her nervousness.

"Don't worry, Sakura. I'll look for him. If I can't find him I'll do ten thousand laps around the village." Lee promised.

"I'll go tell Kakashi sensei. Maybe he can help." Sakura said.

———

   "Are you sure you've looked everywhere?" Kakashi looked Sakura in the eyes.

   "I've looked everywhere. I've even looked in the places Naruto hates the most. He's not in the village." Sakura confirmed.

   "Find team eight and tell them about Naruto. Tell them they have a mission from the Hokage to search for Naruto." Kakashi said.

   "Ok." Sakura rushed off to find them.

———

"I don't see him." Hinata informed her two teammates.

"His scent stops here. This is definitely the last place he was. He has no scent past this. It's like he just disappeared." Kiba watched as Akamaru peed on the tree where Naruto was.

"Maybe someone took him, and they put a jutsu on him that blacks the scent." Hinata thought.

"That was my first thought too, but that is not the case. The reason for my conclusion, is that my insects can't find his chakra either. If he were near here, my insects would be able to locate him." Shino said.

   "Let's look around. We might be able to find some clue about Naruto's disappearance." Hinata ordered.

   The only thing they found was Tora the cat. It climbed up a tree, fell off then got chased by Konohamaru's team. Eventually, Shino and Kiba called it quits. They decided to go tell Kakashi what happened, but Hinata refused to quit. She was confident the key to finding Naruto was in that park.

   Unfortunately, as the sun went down, she had to quit. It would be too dark to look for anything when the sun went down, but she also didn't want to leave yet. She sat by the tree and leaned against it.

   "Stupid. Stupid. Stupid." Hinata began to cry.

   "No, don't say that. You're the smartest person I know." Naruto said, but Hinata was unable to here him.

"I'm such a coward." Hinata cried.

Naruto couldn't believe what he was hearing. Hinata was the smartest and most courageous person he ever knew. Why was she saying all this stuff?

"Naruto's gone, and I couldn't even find a clue about where he is. Now I can't tell him. Now I can't tell him I love him. What a coward." Hinata said.

"Wow, I didn't see that coming. Ok, Naruto, this is your opportunity. Don't blow it." Luna turned Naruto back into a human. Hinata fell backwards due to the tree she was leaning on, wasn't a tree anymore.

   "Hinata!" Naruto grabbed her attention.

   "Naruto?!" Hinata stood up not sure if he was real or not.

   "Yeah, I'm here." Naruto said.

   "I'm so glad you're back." Hinata wiped her tears and hugged him.

   "I heard your conversation with yourself. And you're not stupid or a coward. You're the smartest and most courageous person I've ever had the privilege to meet. I love you." Naruto smiled at her.

   "I love you too." Hinata leaned in closer towards Naruto.

   "Is it ok if I kiss you?" Their lips were only centimeters apart.

   "I'd love that." Hinata closed the small gap, and they kissed.

THE END