jeno [two]

You were back at Lenticular Café again, this time for the second shipment of furniture. Johnny had just gotten the call that it was on its way, and you were relaxing in a booth with Taeyong and Renjun. Not everybody could make it today, but you didn't mind, it was primarily just chairs.

"They'll be here in about ten minutes," Johnny informed everyone after hanging up the phone.

"It's all really coming together," you commented, looking around the restaurant to appreciate it. Not much in the way of décor had been done, but even just the colors of the walls and upholstery of the booths brought a pleased smile to your face.

"With a big thanks to you, little lady."

Hearing the familiar click of the door handle opening, you turned to see who was arriving. Jeno was walking in, already glowering at you, "Jaemin told me how happy he is that you and I are friends now?"

"Well hello to you too, Jeno," you scoffed, crossing your arms. "I know, you hate people thinking you're my friend. But he was asking why we were hanging out so much, and I couldn't exactly tell him we were doing secret Ayakashi stuff."

"You told him we were hanging out?"

"No! You didn't?"

"Of course not!"

Both of you paused, still glaring at the other.

"Is your Snap Map on?"

He didn't answer.

"Lee Jeno," you took a deep breath not to absolutely seethe at him. "Do you have your fucking Snap Map location on?"

"Yes," he mumbled.

"That's why! If you don't want him to know when we're together anymore, turn it off."

"He'd only know if you had yours on too!"

"If we both turn them off, that'd be suspicious."

Jeno grumbled something you couldn't distinguish as he pulled his phone out, tapping it a few times before turning it back off.

"He probably thought you two were fucking," Renjun announced dryly.

"Oh my God," you groaned, leaning your elbows forward on the table and rubbing your face in frustration. "This is the worst thing to happen since this Ayakashi shit started."

"This is the worst thing?" Johnny asked you incredulously. "Not being attacked by Wraiths multiple times?"

"Your priorities are way off," the Satori snorted with a shake of his head.

"Well, today should go a lot faster with you here, Jeno," the Domeki said cheerfully.

The Tengu mumbled something unintelligible as he flopped down at another booth, "Wake me up when we're doing shit."

"I've never met anybody nearly that sleepy," you shook your head. "Is it a Tengu thing?"

Renjun shook his head, "No, I think it's just him. But I've only met a couple Tengus before."

The both of you looked at Johnny, hoping for an explanation from him. He rubbed at the back of his neck, "Ah, yeah, just a Jeno thing."

Impatiently drumming your fingers along the table, you were intensely lost in your head. Tonight was the first night of 'patrols' that Sicheng had recommended you all do. The idea was for you all to split up into pairs or threes and take a route through the city, making sure that the Wraiths were behaving and nothing suspicious was happening.

"Shouldn't the instrument brothers be helping out?" Renjun asked with a scowl and crossed arms.

"I didn't ask them," Johnny shook his head at his coarse employee.

"Why not? They're old and super powerful, right?"

"Jungwoo hasn't left the shrine in a long time."

"So?"

Yuta interrupted them, "We'll be just fine with the seven of us."

Renjun huffed, having nothing else to say, apparently.

"What's on your mind, little lady?" Johnny questioned, leaning over the booth table to muss up your hair.

"Oh, nothing specific," you intentionally tried to lighten your voice as you fixed your hair. "Just thinking, you know?"

"You shouldn't be nervous," Sicheng tried to encourage you. "Speaking of, since Y/N doesn't have her powers yet, I was thinking that she should be in one of the groups of three, or at least paired up with Jeno or I. Make sure she has someone powerful with her."

"She can go with pretty kitty and I," Yuta offered.

Taeyong retorted, "No way—"

"I'll go with Jeno," you announced, breaking through your friends' bickering.

The Tengu wasn't there yet, he was the last one you all were waiting for. So he couldn't say no.

"Okay," the Mizuchi dragon nodded to this, right as the front door opened.

Jeno strode over to your group, baseball cap and glasses discarded for tonight.

Sicheng nodded to him, bringing out a printed-up map of the surrounding areas of the city, "Alright, now that everybody's here, let's go over partners and routes."