jeno [eleven]

The first stop after the restaurant was Jeno's apartment, and Jaemin was thankfully not home. Explaining why you were watching Jeno while he packed several days' worth of clothes and then you two leaving together would've been... actually rather easy to explain (i.e., lie about), but you'd rather not have your mutual best friend think that the two of you were fucking. Again.

Jeno grabbed an old receipt lying on the coffee table and flipped it over, "I'm gonna leave Jaemin a note. 'Going on a little vacation, be back in a few days. Jeno.'"

"Is that it?" You questioned, standing by the front door as he took a visual once-over of his apartment.

"Yeah, I think so."

At your own apartment, you were satisfied to see no trace of Taeyong in any of his forms. The very first thing you did was head right for your kitchen sink and dump out the vial of sleeping draught. Rinsing it out with soap and water, you set the small vial down on a paper towel to dry, noticing your pantry door open and Goldfish missing.

You then turned to Jeno, "Is it okay if I call and ask Jungwoo a few questions about the sleeping draught?"

"Like what?" He asked warily.

"I'll keep it vague, just to gather some information about what to expect."

"Does he even have a phone?"

"No, but he's at Johnny's place. I'll call Johnny and have him give the phone to Jungwoo."

"I feel bad about doing all this to Johnny."

"Me too," you admitted. "We'll send him a fruit basket after this or something."

You at least were able to make Jeno half-heartedly chuckle, "Okay, yeah, call Jungwoo."

Johnny was quick to pick up again this time, and you could hear quite a bit of ruckus in the background, "Hey, little lady? Everything okay?"

Jeno held up his bag and mouthed 'bathroom?' at you, and you pointed to the correct door, watching until the door was closed behind him to answer your friend on the phone, "Yeah, Johnny, everything's fine. Can—"

"Is that Y/N?" A voice yelled out from the background, and you heard the sounds of the phone being ripped out of Johnny's hand.

"Y/N!" The voice barked out, and you recognized it as Renjun. "Why the fuck did you give us Taeyong? We have a two-bedroom loft with barely enough room for a TV and couch, and already had the instrument brothers living here! Why the fuck do we have to house your cat boy too?"

You winced, knowing that you deserved the criticism, "I'm sorry, Renjun. I can't really explain right now but... thank you."

Renjun huffed on the other side, but seemed a bit calmer as he spat out, "So why'd you call? Giving us foxface now too?"

"Ah, no. Is Jungwoo there? I have a couple questions for him."

"Yeah, flute dude's here. Hold on."

You heard Renjun call out Jungwoo's name, then the sounds of you being traded between hands again.

"Hello?" Jungwoo's melodic voice came through the speakers, and you hoped the technology wasn't going to faze him too much.

"Hey, Jungwoo. It's Y/N."

"It is good to hear from you, Lady Onmyoji," he returned your kind greetings. "Are you well?"

"Dandy," you answered flatly. "Can you go somewhere alone? I want to speak to you about something... private."

"Ah, yes. I will go downstairs to the café."

"Thanks."

You paused, listening as the background noise faded away and the sounds of Jungwoo's footsteps down the stairs started then stopped.