jeno [sixteen]

You were having tea with Jungwoo, a tradition he had wanted to continue in his new circumstances. Cushions from Johnny's couch had been repurposed for you two to sit on, and a box from a toaster oven with a blue sheet draped over it was serving as your table. Despite Johnny and Renjun having an entire café downstairs, Jungwoo insisted on recreating your tea parties from the shrine. You didn't mind, the light nostalgia warming you up nicely with the tea.

The others were out and about, Johnny and Renjun downstairs running the café, and Sungchan had some personal errands to do around the city. You set your cup down, still thinking about what you had been thinking of for the past few weeks. Lee Jeno.

"Would you like to share what is on your mind with me, Lady Onmyoji?" Jungwoo asked, head tilted curiously.

"The sleeping draught you were making for Jeno..." you dropped all pretenses from the last time you'd discussed it with him. "Why did you give it to him in the first place, Jungwoo?"

Jungwoo set his own cup down, a pensive look darkening his face as he did so, "I realized that there was nothing I could do for my friend in that moment. I was afraid that if I did not give him the sleeping draught and made sure it was safe for him, he would receive it from a source who did not care about his wellbeing. I am still not sure if it was the right decision. But I have done it, and I cannot undo it. Please let him know that I am sorry for not helping him in some other way."

Unsure of why he had requested that you get his message to Jeno, you agreed nevertheless, "I will. You did what you thought was best, Jungwoo."

"Ah, yes. I believe there is a saying: The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Your phone buzzed in that moment, and you glanced at it to see that Jeno was calling you, "Speak of the Tengu and he shall appear."

Accepting the call, you greeted him brightly, "Hey, Jeno!"

"Hey, Y/N," he returned your light tone.

"So what's up?"

"You remember your friend that almost hit me with a car, Mark?"

"Yeah, of course. Why? He almost run you over again?" You teased, picking up your tea again.

"I—fuck!" Jeno suddenly cried out, and it was then that you noticed his heavy breathing, and you turned serious.

"Jeno? Jeno, what's happening?"

"Where are you?"

"The loft above the café, I'm having tea with Jungwoo. Jeno, what's going on?"

"Who else is there?"

"Uh, Renjun and Johnny, and some patrons."

"Wraith patrons?"

You had sensed the presence of Wraiths in the café a little while ago, and disregarded it like usual, "Yes, why?"

Jeno swore under his breath, "Don't go downstairs, don't move. I'm on my way."

And he hung up.