jeno [twenty-five]

A buzzing from under your pillow woke you up at all hours of the night. It felt too early to be your school alarm.

Reaching under your pillow, you grabbed your phone, squinting at the bright and garish light. Not even bothering to see who was calling you, you dismissed it. Whatever it was could be dealt with in the morning.

Right as you had burrowed back into a comfortable position, your phone rang again. Ready to curse the person out, you answered the call, "What?"

It was Jaemin, his voice panicked as he said, "Y/N, Jeno went out and he left his phone."

Confusion washed over your being as you felt around in your bed. It was empty, "Wait, when did he go back to your apartment?"

"A little after one. I thought he was staying the night with you, but he said something came up, did something in his room, then left again. I have his phone right here."

Strange.

"Maybe he just forgot it," you mumbled, eyes screwed shut against the light of your screen.

"No, he was talking some crazy shit about a shrine or something, I don't remember. But I feel like he's going to do something... bad."

You shot up in bed, alarm rocketing through your system.

Shit. You knew exactly what he was going to do.

"Oh, that stupid Tengu!" You hissed out before quickly gathering your thoughts, already throwing your covers off of you. "Okay, alright. Jaemin, you should stay in your apartment, in case he comes back. I'll make a few calls to the other guys and we'll look for him."

He didn't argue with your plan, his voice wavering and sincere as he pleaded, "Please be safe, Y/N. I can't lose both my best friends in one night."

"I'll find him, Jaemin," you assured him, unable to bring yourself to promise him that you'll be safe.

After all, you never did like lying to him.

Out in your living room, you saw that Tayeong was already awake, brow furrowed as he addressed you, "Why are you up?"

"Jaemin just called me. Jeno left and I think he's going to the shrine. We have to find him."

Your next move was to call up Johnny, most of your group was in his immediate vicinity. It was the second call that he finally picked up.

"Y/N?" The Domeki's voice was slurred with sleep. "What's up?"

"I think Jeno's going after Mark."

"What?" He shouted, making you wince back from the speaker.

"Jaemin called and said he left his phone in their apartment and was saying something about a shrine before he left."

"I thought he was staying at your place."

"So did I."

"Alright, everyone's meeting at the café, right?"

"It'd be faster if we all just go to the shrine right now."

"And more dangerous, Y/N. Jeno did something stupid, but that doesn't mean we have to. We'll be able to help him better with all of us together."

Unfortunately, he made sense. As you rushed to get ready, you gritted out, "Fine. Yes, let's meet at the café. Can you call up Sicheng and Yuta while I call Kun?"

"Sure, yeah, of course," Johnny promised. "I'll see you in a bit, Y/N. And don't worry too much, we'll find him."

"See you," you responded shortly, swiftly hanging up as you stuffed your feet into shoes and threw the door open.