jeno [four]

Tucked into the corner of your couch later that night with the sounds of Taeyong rustling around in your kitchen, you read everybody's reports in the group chat.

[renjun: tweedle dee and tweedle dum weren't as insufferable as they usually are. we passed a few wraiths here and there but they didn't cause us any trouble]

[yuta: what did you just call me?]

[renjun: tweedle dee]

You giggled at his nicknames for Yuta and Taeyong, glancing up at your own half of the pair who was leaving your kitchen with stuffed cheeks.

[yuta: omg should i get pretty kitty and i matching shirts?]

[sicheng: Johnny and I completed our route at 10:14 PM. There was a strong presence of wraiths on 4th street. Despite exchanging some words with them, there was no escalation into a physical altercation and we left the scene peacefully.]

Sicheng's very formal report brought a fond smile to your face, thoroughly enjoying the diverseness of your friends' mannerisms. Taeyong plopped down beside you, turning into his cat form to curl up on the couch beside you, warm body pressed against your leg.

[jeno: we ran into the two wraiths from the café, they remembered me. y/n and i both got out fine]

That was it? He wasn't going to bring up any specifics about the fight, or the fact that it ended because he almost got hit by a car, and that you knew who was driving the car, too?

"What's wrong, Y/N?" Taeyong questioned.

Your disgruntlement must have been present on your face, and you forced your expression to relax out the of the frown and furrowed brows you had just then.

"Nothing, Taeyong, just thinking," you shook off his worries, rubbing behind his ears in an attempt to distract him from the subject. "The guys sent in their reports from our patrol tonight."

"What did Yuta and Renjun say about ours?"

"Renjun did the report. He said you guys saw a couple Wraiths but nothing really happened."

Taeyong seemed content with this, flopping over onto his back to give you access to his much softer belly fur.

As you gently pet him, you added with some humor in your voice, "He also called you and Yuta Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dum."

He rolled back onto his front, ears turning back angrily, "I'm going to scratch that Satori's green eye out next time I see him."

"Oh shush, I think the fact that he gave you guys nicknames is cute," you dismissed his anger, offering a hand back out, which he immediately rubbed his forehead against, clearly deciding that head rubs were much more important than Renjun and Yuta. And you decided to leave it at that instead of bringing up Yuta's joking plan of buying them matching shirts.